Such a sweetie!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Okay, sloppy thread alert. Went to ride Storm earlier. OH is very busy atm and I've been disappearing off alone (only in the school) and I always say before I go that if I'm not back in an hour to come and pick me up off the school floor. Anyhoo its windy here today and he knows what a wuss I am but I knew he wouldn't have time to come round with me so off I went. Just got back - madam was brilliant despite the wind - she went really well. When I walked in I began telling him how good she had been. He looked up and said "I know I came to keep an eye on you". Apparently Storm and I had a secret audience - he snook out the back door and peeped over the fence to check on us. What a lovely OH I have. :D I thought it was so sweet of him to come and look. He said he's heard a funny noise which alerted him - don't know what that would have been, maybe just the noisy sheep (they are very vocal atm). Anyway just wanted to share. Who else rides completely alone? I don't think I'd risk it if there was nobody here at all - even in my bp!!!!! Lol

That is really nice of him :D I ride alone all the time, I also live alone so if I came off no one would know until I didn't turn up for work, unless I was lucky and it was in the paddock at the yard and the YO's daughter came out to see me for something (rare as YO is bed ridden so she is a full time carer), I just try not to think about it for the most part. I did learn a fantastic tip on facebook yesterday though which I think all riders should be aware of, if you did come off and need assistance, you should dial 112 NOT 999 because if you dial 999 from a mobile they have to get the mobile operators permission to triangulate your position from your mobile signal, which can take up to 20 minutes, if you dial 112 they can do it without permission to get to you quicker!

Reactions: joellie
Aww Trewsers what a lovely man Mr T is, this is just the sort of thing my OH would do too, one of the reasons he's my OH I guess.
I ride alone quite a bit but my YO lives on site so even if she's asleep in bed she is within shouting distance.

Reactions: Trewsers
Ah that was lovely he checked you were alright. I ride alone all the time as I have my own wee yard and am all on my lonesome, sometimes I would love a bit of company but I dont think i could stand being on a livery yard...guess i'm a bit of a loner lol

Ah that was lovely he checked you were alright. I ride alone all the time as I have my own wee yard and am all on my lonesome, sometimes I would love a bit of company but I dont think i could stand being on a livery yard...guess i'm a bit of a loner lol

I didn't enjoy being on a yard long term. It was okay for a while before we brought them home to live, but I'm too set in my ways to be part of a yard. Besides, I talk too much and would never get any riding done if I had company lol

I did learn a fantastic tip on facebook yesterday though which I think all riders should be aware of, if you did come off and need assistance, you should dial 112 NOT 999 because if you dial 999 from a mobile they have to get the mobile operators permission to triangulate your position from your mobile signal, which can take up to 20 minutes, if you dial 112 they can do it without permission to get to you quicker!

I think that's an urban myth. 112 is the Europe wide emergency number and all calls are just routed through to the same operators and IT systems as 999 anyway.

newrider.com