Stupid question - leather/suede full chaps

Laura_107

Oct 15, 2010
Edinburgh
Are they waterproof?

I've got a full day ride booked at the end of the month & given the weather we have been having lately I think it might be worth getting a pair of full chaps to keep the rain off. I have lightweight waterproof trousers already, but I don't really fancy slipping about in them for the full day!

I've been looking on eBay as I don't want to spend much money on them & there are quite a few leather/suede pairs going cheap.

If anyone has any recommendations for cheap, lightweight waterproof chaps please let me know (I already have a pair of very cosy lined over trousers, so would want these to be for these warm spring days we have been having with the occasional downpour throughout the day)

NO they are not water proof, light shower proof maybe, but I'd rather have jodhs only for a light shower and dry again than heavy we suede chaps on my legs all day.

You can get lightweight waterproof chaps

I think Musto do a waterproof jod as to Splash Clothing, not sure how expensive they are though. I'd rather wear those than over-trousers, as you say, you might be slipping about. OH has Musto overpants that have a suedette type riding seat, they're bulky for summer tho.

I just got a pair of machine washable synthetic chaps from loveson and they are fab. I got caught in a downpour on a hack the other day and they ket my legs dry just fine, no problems whatsoever. :)

newrider.com