Stupid protesters, am fuming!

Kite_Rider

Cantering cabbage!
May 18, 2009
Our yard is quite close to the HS2 route, in fact it cuts across one of our hacking routes, they have already chopped down thousands of trees and closed off a lot of our riding fields, ok I get that, we hack past their site at least once a week and we often stop for a chat, the guys on site are lovely and will stop their machinery (massive earth moving equipment) if Belle gets scared when they are working next to the road and are always polite.
We have a lovely Ford we ride through near the entrance to the HS2 site, I found out tonight that the protesters have been down there today and thrown nails and screws into the ford so that you can’t see them! Apparently they think it’s funny because the HS2 chaps are now getting punctures, what about my horses hooves, or the children who play in the water, or the dogs who walk through it, I’m furious beyond belief, if I see the protesters they will be having their nails shoved as far up their backsides as my hands will go!

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear this! Its amazing how much hypocrisy (or bad apples) there are in each protest.

My husband and I moved away (2 years almost) from a large city that was having nonstop protests (each protest was about a different issue) since 2014. Fortunately it never affected our pet's safety like you're experiencing.

Maybe you could contact Chris Packham. I know he's one of the main voices behind the HS2 protests and I'm pretty sure he would be appalled to hear someone had done this.
That’s a very good idea, thank you Ale.

The things people have done to him in protest of what he speaks up for are quite awful too. I know he's very against the build but I can't imagine he would ever condone something like this, as you say so so dangerous.

I think you're right. I wasn't CP's biggest fan before but his dignified work protesting against Cross Rail in the face of some really grim and vile counter protests has certainly impressed me.

Sorry to hear you are having issues KR. I'd be fuming too! Would a metal detector work in water if anyone had one locally?

Reactions: Huggy
newrider.com