Stumpy's loan advert - first attempt

chickflick1066

May 7, 2004
West Yorkshire
This is my first attempt. A bit shabby with room for improvement. I've not included any pics yet but will include a flat work, a jumping and hacking ridden shot..do you think thats okay?

14.1hh dales x mare, 11yrs, available from September 2007 for full loan (3 yrs) due to university. Super little mare, would suit adult who loves ponies, or a mother/daughter duo. Not a novice ride: Stumpy loves to hack, schooling nicely and has a nice little jump on her. Really coming into her own, will go far in the right hands. Has competed in showing classes, been x/country and showjumping (2ft3) and will do a basic dressage test. 100% bombproof in the heaviest of traffic. 100% to clip, shoe, catch, load, groom, tack up etc. Needs confident rider as she has been nappy in the past. Comes with correct fitting saddle and two bridles, plus an array of rugs.

She sounds like my kinda pony!!

I'd be tempted by that ad :)

(Hubby would NOT be impressed though!)

What about mentioning if you want her to stay on the same yard or anything? Or if she lives in/out?

She's a super type :D

Oh yeah, she's an out 24.7 kinda pony! Although she will live in. So what should I say?

She can go to another yard, I'm not too fussy. I'd prefer an NRer to have too ;)

I'd just put that she can live in or out.

Where are you going to advertise her? Will there be a limit on ad length?

I always want as much info as poss on an advert, but if you're paying by the word or have limited space (like on adtrader), you'll have to think about which are the most important bits.

Slightly updated:

14.1hh dales x mare, 11yrs, available from September 2007 for full loan (3 yrs) due to university. Super little mare, would suit adult who loves ponies, or a mother/daughter duo. Not a novice ride: Stumpy loves to hack, schooling nicely and has a nice little jump on her. Really coming into her own, will go far in the right hands. Has competed in showing classes, been x/country and showjumping (2ft3) and will do a basic dressage test. 100% bombproof in the heaviest of traffic. 100% to clip, shoe, catch, load, groom, tack up etc. Currently living out 24/7. Needs confident rider as she has been nappy in the past. Would be ideal family friend or equally suited to competitive owner Comes with correct fitting saddle and two bridles, plus an array of rugs.

Please contact Araminta on:

Move her over to Australia and we have a deal ;)
Very good advert, I'd leave out the part about her being nappy. Wouldn't saying that she's not for the novice cover that?

I would possible leave the time limit out (ie. 3yrs). I think it will put people off. Either they may not want her for 3 years, ie. moving on to their horse or something, or, they would want her longer and putting a time scale on eliminates that.

Just put you are off to uni, and if/when anyone comes to see her, and are interested, then you can go into details about how long/contracts etc.

My YOs youngest (11 yo) daughter may be looking for a new horse later on this year, I'll mention Stumpy to her parents :)

Just a slight re-ordering of the words:

14.1hh dales x mare, 11yrs, available from September 2007 for full loan (3 yrs) due to university. Super little mare, would suit adult who loves ponies, or a mother/daughter duo. Stumpy loves to hack, schooling nicely and has a nice little jump on her. Really coming into her own, will go far in the right hands. Has competed in showing classes, been x/country and showjumping (2ft3) and will do a basic dressage test. 100% bombproof in the heaviest of traffic. Not a novice ride - needs confident rider as she has been nappy in the past. 100% to clip, shoe, catch, load, groom, tack up etc. Currently living out 24/7. Would be ideal family friend or equally suited to competitive owner. Comes with correct fitting saddle and two bridles, plus an array of rugs.

Please contact Araminta on:

Basically just linked up the 'Not a novice ride' and 'needs confident rider...' as the second bit explains why she isn't a novice ride.

I would leave the nappy bit in. You say has been nappy in the past. Although most ads that say not a novice ride would put me off if it then said that that was because she has been nappy that would make me give you a phone call!

Good luck! I bet you get loads of calls! ;) Hope you get the right one!

EnduranceAli - She doesn't nap anymore, but I didn't want want to dupe people into thinking she was an 'easy' mare because, despite her diminuitve size, she's a ride and half ;)

Karin..I'll be going to uni full time in September of this year. It breaks my heart to give her up, but Manchester uni isn't the place for my dear Stumpy. I'll miss her masses.

Jay.O - thanks for the bit about time. I only put it down because I want her back afterwards ;)

Thanks for those who said they'd have her ;) or know recommendations. Only the best will do! :D

Have you thought about what you're going to do during your holidays? You'll get 3 weeks off over Xmas, 3 weeks off over Easter and 4 months off over summer - long times not to have a pony around. I don't know what the chances are of being able to have her for these times, or if you'd even want her, but a whole summer without your beloved Stumps and nothing to do is something to think about :)

Emma...Nursing you get two weeks off at Easter and christmas and only 7 weeks off at summer!!

I'm hoping her new auntie wouldn't mind if I came to see her for a little bit. I don't want a loaner that isn't happy for me to have a wee visit now and then.

Hopefully, my horsey gaps should be intermittently filled by Bexj's Molly Cob ;) :D

newrider.com