Strange Sleep Hallucinations!

shockblue

Oct 8, 2009
Derbyshire
www.ponytailsjewellery.co.uk
Sorry another weird sleep thread again!

I have this recurring hallucination after I've fallen asleep for a bit. I always "wake up" and "see" spiders on ceiling or they're on my face or in the room somewhere.

Sometimes I get up and run away and then "wake up" halfway down stairs fully aware of what just happened. Last night though, I woke Johnny up and told him that there were spiders and when he asked where I told him they were on the ceiling, I repeated that they were on the ceiling a few times and then went back to sleep. I have some recollection of this.

I can even remember seeing the spiders and what they looked like!

Does anyone else have weird hallucinations after falling asleep?

P.S. when the spiders are on my face I think that might just be my hair tickling me and making me think its cobwebs and spiders legs.

Shockblue it sounds like you are having night terrors, they are common in children who usually grow out of it, but adults get them too. My cousin gets them quite frequently. In her most recent episode her OH woke up with her vaulting the end of the bed and curling up in a corner screaming at him to get out the house because *they* were coming!

Claire your thread is talking about sleep paralysis. I went through a stage of that a few years ago too. My first experience was the same as yours and utterly terrifying. After that I would hear whatever noise was going on but magnified, eventually I cottoned on to what was going on, calmed myself down then muster all my strength to move my pinkie finger, which would bring me out of it! Very strange.

You could have a 'presence' in your house.. When I was a child, my old house was haunted, as the stairs used to creek, I used to wake up EVERY night, where as If I stayed at my gran's, I slept all night..
I used to think that the ceiling was one giant web, that was pulsating.. I always felt as if some one was in the hallway, and one night, my brother, who was sleeping in the attic bedroom, was woke up by the feeling that some one was sat on his bed.. he saw a 'shadowy' figure, that looked like a hooded man.. he jumped out of bed, and turned the light on.. nothing was there!
I once woke up to see a giant spider on my bedroom wall, when I used to sleep in the other attic bedroom.. it was the size of a small dinner plate.. I ran down stairs to get my dad, and he came up stairs, thinking it would be a common house spider.. he had to KICK it off the wall!! He'd never seen anything like it, and we never did find it............... I've never found it in ANY books on spiders, it had a massive round abdomen, flat and smooth like leather, it's head was tucked underneath and all it's feet were like the thickness of human fingers, and I could only see the last inch of them....

http://www.sleepeducation.com/Disorder.aspx?id=36 - it sounds exactly like this! Because I can see the spiders on the ceiling and I normally run away from them and turn the light on and they disappear.

OMG that spider sounds frightening! Could it have been an escaped pet?

I don't know, we thought it may have arrived in a banana box.. it could still be there... breeding..... we'll never know:smoke:

I think all these wierd sleep things are pretty common. I think it's when your not aware that it's a dream that things get scary.

Dark storm, that spider sounds scary! I don't think I would have stayed in that house knowing it was still around! Fingers crossed it cant survive in Britain! Although there has been reports of populations of tarantulas around England, so you never know!! Yikes!

I know the one a woman found in a shop actually bit her.... I'm glad I didn't find the fang end of this spider:cold:

Don't worry about it shockblue, last night I was chasing a Panda around our room, it was about the size of a small dog and very cheeky. Woke up convinced it was at the bottom of the bed (mind you, I'd eaten a large pizza with extra mozzarella so maybe something to do with it?!) lol.
I sleep walk when I'm stressed (last time was when OH was waiting for his test to see if he had the dreaded). Apparently I re-arranged half the furniture in the house and then another night I clambered up the bed and tried to walk up the walls. Mmmm.

Oooh, DArk Storm, I like the idea of a presence in the house.........I love anything supernatural. Long ago I used to hear my relatives coming to listen to me practice my piano playing.....

My sister often goes 'crazy' in the night, as we have learned to call it!

Hers started from teenage years she did all kinds of weird stuff; stripping the bed and stuffing it behind the sofa, getting up and getting dressed, thinking there were people in the room so organising all her stuff for work the next morning and tip toeing out the room to sleep in the spare room, she's woken me up asking if I want something out of Mum's car, she's woken to think she has mud in her bed... you name it, she's had it. And they never cease to be completed abstract and random!

Hers are usually if she's stressed or sleeping somewhere new or that's not her usual bed. It doesn't sound like typical sleep paralysis more like hypnogogic or hypnopompic experiences of some kind during your transition to, or from, sleep.

newrider.com