Strange sheep capers?

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
We've a sheep ranging around we've named Brown Bum. (She has a black broad band and a brown one on her bum):giggle: She appears to steal other sheeps lambs:ninja: All very odd. OH and I have been observing her and her modus operandi seems to be, bleat and call as much as poss, then tag along with another "mum" and wait until the real "mum" has been distracted - then jump in and round up her lambs, tempting them away! She is like the Pied Piper of lambs.......:giggle: I can only think the poor lady has lost her own? Each time it happens, she feeds them and then she sort of gets "rumbled" by the real mother and ends up on her own again. Poor thing. Anybody seen this happen before?

I've never kept sheep but by any standards that's sad. Poor thing seems desperate to be a mum - don't you now anyone with a lamb that needs a mum? I'm sure there's plenty around!

I can't interfere, they belong to the farmer not me! He already thinks I am potty each time I cart an orphan down to the barn to hook up to the automatic feeder thingy!!

I did wonder if she had lost her own, or just didn't have any? Most odd. The lambs seem to like her, but then end up back with their own mums.

newrider.com