Strange or interesting things...

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
Today I had an afternoon trip onto site with OH. Now where we are working is just an average street in an average small town. I saw a rather curious situation. A man in dressing gown over the top of what looked like a funeral directors outfit / suit. The dressing gown looked out of place really, and it was quite a "loud" check. Hmm. This person then proceeded to measure the front door of a house. And the doorstep. And the distance between the wall and the door. Most interesting me thinks. Guess I am nosey!
I do enjoy people watching. Sat here waiting for Mr T - so feeling very observant! Oh, and the other odd thing. The house has every window shuttered - and I mean with louvre doofers, which looks weird as no other house on this row has them. And it isn't night time.
What curious things have you lot seen today?

A Merlin almost taking my head off as I went into the horse shed this afternoon.

He was scunnered with the weather and decided to hide in the shed to get some peace from it

Nothing i dont think...:unsure:. Trying to rack my brains if i have seen anything unusual in the previous 48 hours but nothing is springing to mind. :mask:

I saw a man walking his dog on the way to work, with a cuppa in his hand! Almost ran him over as he just crossed the road without looking! Not fun when the roads were icy!

Think I may have solved the louvred window mystery - Mr T says that there used to be a rumour about a house on that street doing "massages"......

Think I may have solved the louvred window mystery - Mr T says that there used to be a rumour about a house on that street doing "massages"......

:giggle::giggle::giggle:- They still have to walk out of the door so whats the point of shutters? Go upstairs & close the curtains..

I know, it's mad isn't it?! Still doesn't explain the dressing gown worn over the top of a black suit - most curious....

Maybe he was a funeral director. One of the clients, a rather large gentleman, has had a heart attack on the job, I mean during his massage and the funeral director was measuring the doorway and the angles to see whether the oversize coffin would fit through. He had his dressing gown on because he was having a massage next.

Maybe he was a funeral director. One of the clients, a rather large gentleman, has had a heart attack on the job, I mean during his massage and the funeral director was measuring the doorway and the angles to see whether the oversize coffin would fit through. He had his dressing gown on because he was having a massage next.

:giggle::giggle:
I like it!!!!!!

:biggrin: You obviously have a seriously over active imagination too?:giggle:

I'm thinking it was willy wonka Trewsers. Sounds like his sort of weird behaviour. Probably measuring up to have the house coated in chocolate. He was quite antisocial and strange.

Today I haven't seen anything, but did hear some lovely dundonians having a full blown Scottish argument out on the street screaming f'ing and blinding for a good ten minutes outside the office downstairs. An amusing distraction from auditing the company we were in today!

I watched two post mortems! :D was amazing - the human body is so so fragile, but phenomenal - it's amazing that "a mass of meaty bits and pieces" functions together to make a human!

I'm thinking it was willy wonka Trewsers. Sounds like his sort of weird behaviour. Probably measuring up to have the house coated in chocolate. He was quite antisocial and strange.

Today I haven't seen anything, but did hear some lovely dundonians having a full blown Scottish argument out on the street screaming f'ing and blinding for a good ten minutes outside the office downstairs. An amusing distraction from auditing the company we were in today!

Hehehe sounds interesting:giggle:

I watched two post mortems! :D was amazing - the human body is so so fragile, but phenomenal - it's amazing that "a mass of meaty bits and pieces" functions together to make a human!

I remember watching one on the Tv, I was fascinated, but felt very VERY woosy watching it! I couldnt helpmyself though!

I dont know how I would cope with one IRL, I think I would keel over ! Especially if there were any squelchy noises! I had the same feelings of amazement though, made me feel very vunerable as a human being.

newrider.com