STRANGE DAY YESTERDAY.............funny old world....

fairlady

Jul 14, 2007
Bristol
Yesterday I had some Hay delivered and some for Cookster. I was then going to help a Girl who has a beautiful 4 year old Cob. Helped her out once before with lunging/long lining but they are still having a few problems......

The problem ISN'T the Cob, Oscar, who is beautiful but with his Owners, lol, and thats NOT being nasty cos they would be the first to agree with what I have said. They 'anticipate' him being 'naughty' which he ISN'T but then
'worry' about what he may do and get nervous, he then picks up on their nerves and misbehaves as he thinks there is something to be nervous of..........bit of a vicious circle tbh, and when I say he misbehaves its 'NOTHING' he may move around, or refuse to move....... He is very well loved and very well cared for but they treat him a bit like a Child and don't really respect him as a HORSE.....therefore when the mood takes him and they are soft he is beginning to learn that he can use his strength..........
Anyway, thats ongoing and I am continuing to help, BUT, its hard because they are scared they are going to hurt him:wink:

Anyway, Cookster came with me, so we spent a few hours there and headed home. We decided we fancied a bacon butty so stopped at the Burger Van on the Ring Road to buy...........just behind the Van is a Field with some
Coloured Cobs in belonging to a local Man of a certain Community. Had a look over the fence to show Cookster the Cob Foal and we noticed they had no water...........NOT A DROP...........there are two Mares the Foal and a Black Stallion (TBH I thought he was a Youngster himself). We went to Cooksters House, filled a load of containers and took some water down and filled the trough. Stallion also had a bad eye that was a bit weepy.

Dropped Cookster off home and it struck me that although we had given them water with what they had drunk already the remainder was not going to last long and decided to go looking for the Owner. Went to where he lives and must admit as I drove into his 'site' I did think 'Blimey Kay, is this BRAVE or STUPID, lol, cos nobody knows you are here and there is just an outside chance you may not come OUT':giggle:

As I drove in I was immediately surrounded by about 15 DOGS......5 of them being German Shepherds:smile: Although some barking they were all waggly tails so wasn't too worried, wound my window down and started talking to them when I see a Girl appear from one of the 'log cabins'..........She came over and I asked if 'C' was there, he wasn't.........told her about the Water situation and about the Stallions Eye and what Cookster and I had done and tbh she was very grateful, said one of the Mares kept tipping the water troughs and tbh could well believe it as she had tried to do the same whilst we were there. She said she would tell 'C' and he would take a tank full of water down that evening and check the Stallions eye. So I left hoping that would be the case, but tbh have no reason to not believe thats what he would do, as although he doesn't keep his Horses as I would like to keep mine, they certainly looked in pretty good nick other than the lack of water and rather overgrown feet, but I have seen FAR WORSE.

Went back to my place and spent some time with my two when 'S' popped in to see us. She has not long bought a 4 year old who I posted about before, he is absolutely HUGE and has been diagnosed with OCD, and has stifle problems.......... he is currently taking BUTE for a month to see how he goes on that and to make him more comfortable and has to now have X-Rays to fully diagnose his problems.....outlook is NOT good tbh and although wanting to know she is also dreading the results and any decisions she may have to take after, all very sad.

What a funny World the horsey world is..........all types of people in differing situations:wink:

Last edited:
It is always quite amazing when you think about all the different types of people you meet in the horsey world. I've met some of the nicest, but also some of the worst, people I know through horses.

Wow ... very strange day indeed !!! Lovely of you to make sure they had water, and to make the owners aware of it too.

Having got morning brain, I firstly read the OCD thing as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder :giggle: ... I need more coffee

newrider.com