Stolen Tack in BUCKS area!

Flony_Pony

Apr 20, 2007
Milton Keynes, Bucks
My field has been broken into, trashed electric fence and CUT the bolt into the locked stable (top and bottom) and took 5 bridles off hooks and a head collar (along with extra bits and nosebands) whilst throwing my hats and tabard on the floor, also took small pony saddle out a locked box!

They did kindly shut the stable after taking it but leaving the fence down (i put electric up as boundry fence isnt secure!!)

Although im devestated im relieved i took 2 saddles home the night before!

Also found out a local yard was swiped of all the tack there too and they have a house on the premises!!!!

If your in Bucks area, be aware and take your tack etc home (i had a post up a week ago i had hose and energiser go!!)

I very sorry to hear that this is happening! You must be so relieved that you took saddles home and that all the horses were there. The horses being safe is the main thing! I just can't believe someone could do such a thing!

I saw your post last week, poor you, but at least your horses were safe. It sounds to me as though it might be the same people as last time. Have you reported it to the police? Theres probably not a lot they will do but at least you can get the incident logged. Im in a similar situation to you, my yard is very secluded and I have to lock and paddlock everything, gates, hay barn even my battery energizers are paddlocked to the wall. I know this doesnt stop those who are determined but you have to try. I leave only the basics there overnight and take all my rugs home at the end of winter. Its a pain in the backside but unfortunately there are always people around who think its OK to help themselves to others property.

A few months ago someone off the old jump off forum/showstoppers had their tack stolen in that area I think:eek:

And I think their's was stolen from their garage.

Last edited by a moderator:
flony pony where abouts are you in bucks??? im in bucks and wondered if you are near me, its only word of mouth that makes people aware and more vigilant so thank you for telling us.

sorry you have lost your things but at least the horses are ok.

make sure you report it to the police as even if your not claiming off insurance they need to know as when they see there is a problem with tack thefts they will pay more attention to horse premises and will be more likely to detter/catch them.

also beware, often they return for another go a few weeks late when all the tack has been replaced, be one step ahead and keep you things at home for a while, a pain but worth it!

another good thing to do if your in a secluded area is to make the odd late night/early morning visit so if they are watching to see your routeen it will be hard for them to work out when you wont be there

i really feel for you i know its bad enough to have things taken but its the though someone has gone through your stuff.

thinking of you x

Sorry to hear about your stuff going. When I kept Dolly in Mk the electric fencing; tape, pollypost and energisers kept getting stolen. We are now on a small private yard, in Bucks, but I don't keep her tack there, just grooming stuff and rugs.

newrider.com