Still having a few issues.

princessmolly

Jan 29, 2008
Norfolk
Hello,
Ginny is still being a bit of a pain, shes great to hack any scary things a small nudge and shes straight past, genraly a really good girl. Shes always been vvv sharp when schooling and a bit like it lunging, after our display at the RS it was sugested i re school her, so have some books and shes is a changed horse lunging, shes gone from bolting off to slightly lazy, i do pole work etc to build her confidence as it was suggested all her problems are a confidence thing. I hadnt schooled her for a while as people sugested taking her back to basics and just lunge. Anyway today i decided as she looked totaly chilled id get on her. She still felt sharp and i was trying to stay calm and relaxed and all i did was walk as im taking baby steps and after a while she did calm down a bit but she still felt like if i nudged her she would tear off as she used to do. After i had dont lots of stoping and then asking for walk she did relax slightly. Im not sure if she will eventualy with doing it regualy just chill, like she did with the lunging. When i first asked her to stand she resisted a bit and kind of bounced on all fours and gave a squeel as she does when shes playing in the field, and reading over some previous topics on here im now wondering,as well as a confidence thing with her could it be teenage tantrums, she is 6 so im not sure. sorry for the long post i just needed to write it down. Any advice would be gratefully recieved.

newrider.com