Staying awake to watch meteors

Jane&Ziggy

Jane&Sid these days!
Apr 30, 2010
Surrey Hills
I am all alone tonight - Steve off teaching in Italy and stepdaughter faith gone to Chichester to watch meteors with mates.

I soooo want to stay awake and watch the skies. But I am usually asleep by half past nine! Where are the matchsticks for my eyelids?

:help:

I want to stay awake too!!! It's very unlikely to happen though as I hardly got any sleep last night and was up at 5:30 to sort Rubic before work and I'll be doing the same tomorrow!:unsure:

It's not that dark here yet .

We might get 2 hours dark ATM, it's still light at 11 ish

Well it's not quite dark yet, but I have seen numerous piddly meteors, one hugeous fireball (yay!), and a glorious and stately transit of the International Space Station.

Then I fell asleep in the deck chair. So when I woke up I came inside...:redface:

Well it's not quite dark yet, but I have seen numerous piddly meteors, one hugeous fireball (yay!), and a glorious and stately transit of the International Space Station.

Then I fell asleep in the deck chair. So when I woke up I came inside...:redface:

Wow,
I was watching for the space station but was too cloudy, supposed to be able to see it again at 11.00 but not sure i'l be awake then!

Good job you woke up and not still snoozing in deck chair outside :giggle:

It's quite dark in Glasgow now... mainly because of the great big stinking black cloud that is covering most of the sky.

The lights are probably too bright to see very much here but I'm going for a nap then I'm going to wake up about midnight and see what I can see!

after reading this on here and being told by a few friends it was on.. I got out of bed to go and look at it! It was a nice clear sky so I sat on my wall in my PJ's and waited!.. Then I saw one! it looked so close! I almost thought it had landed in the adjacent field !!

I got all scared then and went back inside to the safety of my bed:giggle::redcarded:

It was beautiful. The most perfect way to end my 50th birthday, watching a meteor shower put on especially for me! :wub:

Thats is just perfect !!! - sod firework work displays... go the whole hog for a 50th!!

newrider.com