Starting Anew - Again

Tokara

Apr 22, 2021
Hi NR! It’s been a while but I felt like making a post. I lurk most of the time but it’s such a lovely community here. And I’m too excited to keep quiet.

I started lessons for the first time in a long time in January, at a yard 20mins from my house. Unfortunately by end of March I had given my notice for a multitude of reasons. In short, it was becoming more stressful than fun, and if I’m doing it for fun, what is the point?

Anyway, I felt relieved as soon as I handed in my notice. And immediately I was obsessed with figuring out my next horsey adventure. Was I going to own? Lease? Etc. This went on until this weekend, when my boyfriend pipes up that ‘he would like to ride too’ !!! He loves being around horses, it just never clicked for him to actually start riding. Horses actually love him, go wandering up to him if he is standing near them lol. He also comes with me to all my lessons, so it kind of makes sense for him to take part.

So we decided to look for two weekend leases with some lessons for him, so we can go on hacks together and have fun. Now we have found a riding school that has a couple of options, so we are going there on Saturday to try out a lesson and two of the horses. We are also going to the tack shop beforehand to get all his gear - almost as exciting as the lesson itself!! Who doesn’t love a good tackshop trip 😁

Really hoping that it goes well on Saturday. I’m just about counting down the hours. This would be my first time leasing so it’s very exciting.

Reactions: Huggy and GaryB
newrider.com