Started the training today !

Emerald_city

horse insane!
Jan 6, 2006
Brinkworth, wiltshire
Verryy verryy happy !! :D

Finally got my harness for Jorji now hes started to really get into the long reining - so today (with the help of my mums friend) we peiced together his harness and put it on, i think he thought we were odd doing up all these funny straps around him but just watched us patiently!:D
Once we had it all in place, i put on his normal bridle and lunged him for a little while to get used to the feel of it - no problem what so ever, so decided to add the driving bridle (hes never worn blinkers before so i was concerned he'd throw a bit of a hissy by not being able to see aswell as normal) but still no problems, was happily lunging in it all and seemed to be enjoying it.

So did some long reining with it all on, he was relying on the reins at first when turning as he obviously could see as good as normal but soon got used to it all so yeah i am rather chuffed to be honest :D:D

after all the work i showed him the cart for the first time and didnt seem to faze him in the slightest, even when we made it rattle around a bit and 'follow' him.

so gonna keep up the training for the next 8 days and start getting him really relaxed with it all , then when im back from my holiday start putting in some hard work to try and slowly get him leading around with the cart actually on

fingers crossed !:D

newrider.com