Stabled and rugged, yes you heard.

Wally

Apr 16, 2000
The weather is so foul I got Minnie and Lyra in. Foalio was fine, skipping about and not cold at all.

Poor Minnie was so cold she was shaking uncontrollably. She is in, with a pile of hay a bigger feed than normal and Andy's Smoking jacket on.

The weather here is 'orrible,

You'll turn her into a soft southerner! Seriously though, it just goes to show what foaling & nursing takes out of them when one of your ponies starts to struggle. I bet she's glad of the extra tlc.

She deserves that TLC after the beautiful baby she produced for you. Is she OK, do you think? You said she was a bit out of sorts after the birth....

Warm and happy now. Stopped shaking and tucking into her hay.

Having stepped back and looked at Lyra, she is quite a big girl. No wonder Minnie was a bit sore after having her. A couple of Danilon had her a lot comfier and she's back to her old self now.

I am still wathcing them both like a hawk.

Cob is out naked during day but has lightweight on at night. She is maintaining her weight, so for me it is stop her losing any.

I think it's the changes in the weather that are most unsettling. Poor Harvey is naked in the sunshine one day, shivering and rugged up in the barn the next.

Anyway, you're just demonstrating that what is inappropriate most of the time, is the right thing to do in other circumstances. It's an example of that rare commodity, common sense.

newrider.com