Spot the difference

B

Black Beastie

Well guys for all that I trust vets and i know they are the ones who are qualified in injuries etc sometimes the old remedies are the best because they WORK!! :tongue::cloud9:

Eowyns Leg BEFORE the pics are from the initial injury up until the last scan.

DSCF3889.jpg

DSCF3961.jpg

DSCF3982.jpg

DSCF4116.jpg

DSCF4194.jpg

DSCF4283.jpg

And now :D Taken today

Good Leg
DSCF4348.jpg

Injury leg
DSCF4346.jpg

I sooo happy Can anyone else see the difference or am i kidding myself lol!!! We have been linamenting it, icing it and bandaging it with arnica and shes now up to 20 mins walking every day.

:bounce::dance:

The girly herself

DSCF4351.jpg

DSCF4360.jpg

DSCF4364.jpg

DSCF4365.jpg

I took a wee vid of our walk and for I have said her name in it since i keep getting asked how to pronounce it :D :giggle: Ill pop it up when it uploads :)

Her feet look much better in the after shots although they still look a little broken back but the difference in the tendon is amazing, do you know what caused the original injury was it related to the overgrown feet?

Love her little floofy head hacking out :D

Brilliant! Is that what the vet prescribed or what you chose to do?

Like the vid too, in my head I pronounce it like you would say Ewan :unsure:

WOW what an improvement!!! She must be some kind of miracle hoss!!

Well done, wont be long before your back in the saddle now! :wink:

Brilliant! Is that what the vet prescribed or what you chose to do?

Like the vid too, in my head I pronounce it like you would say Ewan :unsure:

Nope vet didnt want her bandaged, Iced or potions used :)

Thanks guys Its ben my constant care for months now. Vet siad it would NEVER go down :cloud9:

WOW what an improvement!!! She must be some kind of miracle hoss!!

Well done, wont be long before your back in the saddle now! :wink:

Aiming for March to be walking with short trots, if still sound then she will be turned away for the summare and brought back in to work end of Aug/beginning of Sept :biggrin: then the fun begins :dance:

Her feet look much better in the after shots although they still look a little broken back but the difference in the tendon is amazing, do you know what caused the original injury was it related to the overgrown feet?

Love her little floofy head hacking out :D

It was a slip I think whilst doing fast work BUT the feet could have contributed. She has heartbars on to support the tendon and try to bring the heels back under her :)

Shameless bumping :D Shows people that theres always hope for bad injuries and im still chuffed with her :D

Just shows the Vet is not always right :wink: I'm really pleased for you, I'd love a recovery like that if that ever happened to my boy XX

That's incredible, just goes to show what can be done with diligent care like that. Following your instincts has more than paid off.

Thank you :biggrin:

She got a potter out in the snow a walk today butwas a bit disgusted at the white stuff she wasnt allowed to play in and wanted to come home :giggle: She loves a good play in the snow but she wont be getting one this year :wink:

So you've got some of the white stuff too then? And no, she's most def not allowed out to play in it this year!!

Her leg is looking great - well done:biggrin:

wow! gobsmacked:biggrin:

You must be delighted - and you should be proud all that hard work and patience paid off.

Can I ask which linament? Also , how long since the original injury is it now?

Have to agree with Lot, the steeper hoof angle looks better - much less strain on the tendon.

Thank you :) It is this linament we are using

radiolmrmuscle.jpg

Plus arnica gel the stuff from Naf in the tub :) and Tescos own brand icecube bags :biggrin:

The injury occured on the 17th (Sat) of Sept so will be a full three months on the 17th of Dec :)

I think you have done an amazing job and it hardly looks like the same legs at all. Well done you

newrider.com