Spooky Scarlet!!

liz_scarlet

Jun 6, 2011
Roslin
Not entirely sure what was up with Madam today but jez she was on high alert. YO's OH was using his new ride on mower but she looked at that seemingly unfazed but giving me the worried eye from the moment I brought her in the barn.

Went out a wee hack with friend and her field mate but she did not settle/relax. Got to the grass track had planned on a wee canter but we canned that idea so had a wee trot, she did a big spook, jumped left and into her field mate!! basically ran her off the track into a field!!! :banghead:

Headed back and took her into the school to see if we could do a bit of trot work since out was mainly in walk and we basically spooked all the way round the school on both reins...eventually got a trot along one long side without a spook so gave her loads of praise and hopped off.

Wasn't that bloody windy!!!!

Bet tomorrow she will be back to her normal self :smoke:

They do like to keep us on our toes don't they. I'm gettin royally fed up with my boys flightiness but that's part of his personality and we've just got to learn to love it grrrrrr!

Such unpredictable creatures aren't they?! Usually Storm does not spook at the things I "think" will worry her. She hasn't batted an eyelid yet at OH's picnic bench (new to the yard), outside lights on stalks or the mushroom table. Most odd. Even EvilEdna the local black and white cow does not seem to bother her (Evil Edna worries me mind you!!!)

newrider.com