Spooky Horse - Autumn Flush?

Flipo's Mum

Heavy owner of a Heavy
Aug 17, 2009
Perthshire, Scotland
Flipo has been unusually hyper and speedy lately - head high and eager. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing similar? Time of year? The only other thing I've changed is to substitute seaweed instead of biotin.

Nope, both donkeys atm. Storm is the one ridden of course but, touch wood seems same as ever. Chloe is as well mannered as ever on the ground. Just hope I've not spoken too soon.....lol

I lied. Storm is potty atm! Am hoping its just through not being ridden for two days but she is bonkers on the ground. Yesterday she spooked herself in the arena and bucked up and down doing a full circuit!!!! Glad I was not on board........maybe it was because she'd just had a roll, she does sometimes get giddy afterwards!

Pedro was a bit giddy yesterday but I put it down to it being his first ride after I clipped half his neck and shoulders off! He tried to take off with me when we cantered out hacking, something that is becoming a bit to regular a thing! Thinking a change of tack may be in order, something to discuss with instructor on Sunday.

Ben really does suffer with the spring grass and every April he changes personality for a few weeks and turns into a spooking monster! However, we haven't had any change in behaviour this Autumn - even with him being switched onto a big field which had been rested for 3 months.

Hope Flipo calms down soon.

Nope, donkey here as always, but she's on very restricted grazing and soaked hay anyway so probably not had chance to eat much fresh grass. Poor girl.

Nope, donkey here as always, but she's on very restricted grazing and soaked hay anyway so probably not had chance to eat much fresh grass. Poor girl.

She is a very lucky girl to have an owner who takes such good care of her and puts her on that diet for her own good. x

Mine is much the same as usual. There's not a lot of grass in her paddock though (she is a good doer and I don't have her on hard feed at the mo so that is fine.)

Well glad he's not alone!! This morning I went to feed and flipo took forever to walk up the field. He normally stops and stands behind the Arab, and has to be directed over to his own bucket. Today he stopped half way down the field and I had to walk down and walk back up with him - no headcollar or anything, he just seems to forget why he's coming up!! So I thought donkey business had been restored - until I walked away towards my car and turned to a squeal and a Fresh pair of heels as he cantered away. Nut job!!!

newrider.com