Spirit can fly?!!!

Angiebabe

Ah I am so pleased with Spirit I just had to tell everyone.
Last night we were jumping in the school, my friend put the jumps up and I thought they looked big. Well I took a deep breath and off we went, there were only two and he knocked them down when we got the stride slightly wrong but when he went over them properly it felt like we were flying!
Well I got my friend to stand next to them and measure how big they were and then I got a tape measure out at home.......

They were 3'3!!! Thats amazing for me, I've never jumped that big before. I know lots of people jump bigger than that but if you understand I don't usually feel happy jumping bigger than 2'6 and usually less on Spirit you might have some idea how excited I am. Also because I have had him and schooled him since he was 2.

Yippeeee! Jumping round! Big smile on face! Lots of love for my pony :D :cool: :D :eek: :D :) :D

Angiebabe what can I say? Double well done!!:D

thats why I like youngsters because you can bring them on.

I recently (last year) jumped 3'3" on my then 4 year old mare and, seeing as I hadn't ridden for approximately 12 years, had lost my nerve, then to jump a jump as high as 2' 6" was fantastic but when I jumped 3'3" I came joint first in the chase me charlie at my local riding club with my daughter (10 years old) but there weren't any of the "big jumps" horses that were able to get that far on this occasion.

So once again, WELL, WELL DONE! :) :)

Yes he was very good last night and he did look like he was flying:D especially over the last one c u later Karen

newrider.com