Spencer sheep

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
had another jab, after half an hour he tried to get up, and has staggered outside the field shelter, pooed and wee-ed and eaten some sheep cubes. I have syringed lots of water into him so he is hydrated, think he is happier to be outside so leave him to it and hope for the best tomorrow

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
found him this morning, he was stuck again and couldn't get up. He was given a lot of water and offered feed but he didn't want to eat. We arranged for the vet to come and assess and pts if necessary but he started fitting so they came at 930 and fortunately we were able to send him on his way by injection not shooting him which I would have hated. So he is out of pain, he was quite distressed and thrashing around a lot so it wasn't very nice. All we could do was sit with him and try to keep the flies off him and stroke him till the vet came.

• Sad
Reactions: Jessey

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
found him this morning, he was stuck again and couldn't get up. He was given a lot of water and offered feed but he didn't want to eat. We arranged for the vet to come and assess and pts if necessary but he started fitting so they came at 930 and fortunately we were able to send him on his way by injection not shooting him which I would have hated. So he is out of pain, he was quite distressed and thrashing around a lot so it wasn't very nice. All we could do was sit with him and try to keep the flies off him and stroke him till the vet came.
Oh dear, so sorry. You did your absolute best for him, and comforted him when he needed it. RIP Spencer enjoy the green fields.

Toz

Jul 14, 2019
So sorry to read this. I read through hoping for a happy ending :( I’ve never known of anyone put that much love and effort into a sheep. Thinking of you x

diplomaticandtactful

Apr 25, 2003
So sorry to read this. I read through hoping for a happy ending :( I’ve never known of anyone put that much love and effort into a sheep. Thinking of you x

he was a sweet boy and a living creature who deserved respect and kindness, it is the first not very nice death I have done as at one point we thought we might have to shoot him as we couldn't get a vein. I would have hated that. I just sat with him and talked to him, he was already gone as he was no longer really responding, just lots of involuntary movements and thrashing around, it was very sad. I wished I had ended it earlier but last night he still wanted to try.

Toz

Jul 14, 2019
he was a sweet boy and a living creature who deserved respect and kindness, it is the first not very nice death I have done as at one point we thought we might have to shoot him as we couldn't get a vein. I would have hated that. I just sat with him and talked to him, he was already gone as he was no longer really responding, just lots of involuntary movements and thrashing around, it was very sad. I wished I had ended it earlier but last night he still wanted to try.
It’s so hard to be sure of the right time. You gave him your all. It’s such a shame all animals can’t have that kind of chance :(