Sorry another how much thread!

Hi I am very sadly going to have to sell my youngster, but dont know how much to ask for him.
He is 13.1 rising 4yrs chestnut gelding, his dad was a reg dartmoor and his mum is an arab type.
He was backed last spring and has done very gentle hacks since, he is 100% haevy traffic, with farrier etc and has been ridden on the beach by my 8yr old daughter.
He is really sensible for his age altho i dont want him to be a 1st pony as being so young I think he needs a confident rider.
What do you think guys?

Attachments

• merlin.jpg
    merlin.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 36
  • horsey.jpg
    horsey.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 140
I think the trouble with this one is he is so young finding a competent jockey small enough is the trouble.
I would guess £800 but may be way off

I can actually testify to this being a fantastic little pony.
I led Sarah's daughter out on him on his own and I've ridden out with him on hacks and he's a super confident little chap.
He seems to me to be as bomb proof as any 4 year old could reasonably be expected to be, deffinitely 100% in traffic and if he meets anything he's unsure of he seems to just walk over and inspect it before carrying on his merry way completely unfussed!

The single time I saw him spook was at a group of lads coming round the corner very quickly on bikes shouting their mouths off, the rider wasn't expecting it and came off. He was a perfect gentleman and didn't even try to run, he just stood perfectly still and waited for her to mount back up. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong Sarah) wasn't that the first time he'd ever lost a rider? But he wasn't at all phased by it.

He's a super little chap, I would love to steal him away myself if my situation allowed it lol

Anyway, just thought I'd put the good word in :D

I can actually testify to this being a fantastic little pony.
I led Sarah's daughter out on him on his own and I've ridden out with him on hacks and he's a super confident little chap.
He seems to me to be as bomb proof as any 4 year old could reasonably be expected to be, deffinitely 100% in traffic and if he meets anything he's unsure of he seems to just walk over and inspect it before carrying on his merry way completely unfussed!

The single time I saw him spook was at a group of lads coming round the corner very quickly on bikes shouting their mouths off, the rider wasn't expecting it and came off. He was a perfect gentleman and didn't even try to run, he just stood perfectly still and waited for her to mount back up. As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong Sarah) wasn't that the first time he'd ever lost a rider? But he wasn't at all phased by it.

He's a super little chap, I would love to steal him away myself if my situation allowed it lol

Anyway, just thought I'd put the good word in :D

Hi yes it was his 1st and only time he has lost a rider so far! He is a little angel but I really have to sell him:(

He looks lovely, I have a 13.1hh pony he is quite chunky but I'm 5'7" and i look and feel fine on him and i jump, hack, school him...i basically do most things with my pony. So I wouldn't say that height wouldn't be a problem at all, it just depends on the person. He's gorgeous though, I'd snap him up if I could:D. You could put that he might be a good mother daughter share?

But back to the question, i would say 1200 could you not bring him on more when he is 4? You would probably be able to ask for more for him. Good luck with whatever you do:).

I'd guess at £1200, maybe £1500 at a push if tack etc is good quality. He looks lovely but it's a difficult market I guess - there aren't many competent jockeys to bring small ponies on - they need knowledgeable parents/other adult input too.

I suspect great home is more important to you - so just work out what you can comfortably accept as an offer. Advertise for a bit more than that, say 10-20% and see what interest you get from the 'right sort' of home.
You can then let them haggle and walk away happy-ish:)

its so weird how prices differ in ireland and where just across the water! you should get 2000 euro for him easy enough over here, i looked at very similar pony yesterday except she was a 3 year old just backed for 2000.

Have a browse on sites such as Horsemart etc for similar types, you can at least get a rough idea of what others are asking

my mums just bought a 14.2hh, 5 year old, and paid £800 for him, hes not backed, rather nervous etc. so would say £1200-£1300 for him :)

newrider.com