Someone needs to tell him he's now 23. *pics*

Kc..

Nov 7, 2007
North Cotswolds
www.casseywatson.co.uk
Well then!
Where do i start, i'm sure it was only last week i gave you an update on Nimby.. but it was very brief and i've had PM's off many people asking how he's getting on.

So the answer to that question..
BRILLIANT!

For anyone that doesn't know over the winter we have had many problems with Nimbys (now 23years old) weight and teeth. He wasn't able to eat hay, haylage grass or any forage to be exact. Well that's defo improved, and he has put on a TONNE of weight. I'm so chuffed, he's looking fab again now.

And he's certainly back to his old self, i rode him on monday and thought i'd take him out to the field and have a bit of a run around and jump a few ditches.

I HAVE NOT FELT HIM GALLOP SO FAST IN AGES!!!

He also bolted with me, but i couldn't help but laugh as i was happy he felt better.

I have to say over winter i was thinking maybe it was time to retire him to light hacking, and that's something i didn't mention to anyone. But i know for defo that's not the case!!

So anyway the reason you clicked on here NIMBY PICS!!

Having a runn
newrider8.jpg

newrider2.jpg

newrider.jpg

newrider3.jpg

Me struggling to slow down on the lead upto a jump!
newrider7.jpg

weee
newrider5.jpg

newrider4.jpg

newrider6.jpg

And this one just cus it makes me laugh.. Got a tad left behind..
newrider10.jpg

So how do you think he's looking? :)

URRMMM! STUNNING!

hes 23! my oh my he looks so good bless him!

one look at him id say no older than 14 but 23! :eek:

hehe great piccys!

GLAD he is getting better! he looks it! :D

lol Lacey is pleased that Nimby has decided he's not feeling old as it may mean at 21 she would feel she'd have to grow up too!

this is Lacey's look whenever i mention 'slowing down'

EBAY173.jpg

"You are joking mum.......right"

Last edited:
What a star he is ! Wonder if he knows a good friend of mine, still behaving like a colt at 22 years.....(You know you are D ;) )

GetAttachment1-1.jpg

GetAttachment-1.jpg

Some horses just refuse to age gracefully.:D:D:D

Haha, tell that to my old RI's horse Cara - here she is at 24! :D
54564.jpg

IMG_6524.jpg

here's to many years of fun ahead... all these horses that don't seem to twig that they aren't youngsters...

Thanks for all your comments!
I'm so glad he's feeling full of life again, his character in the field etc has all come back to (breaking through electric fences and refusing to eat feed out of a bucket ;))

Here's to the Golden oldies :D

ETA: That plane jump is brilliant!

well that just makes me feel so much better about my 17 yr old because i have been telling people i will still be riding her in her twenties but everyone looks at me like i was retarded to buy a 16 yr old in the first place for the amount of money i paid for her and that i plan to keep riding her. By the way all those horses didn't look at all there age and so beautiful.

well that just makes me feel so much better about my 17 yr old because i have been telling people i will still be riding her in her twenties but everyone looks at me like i was retarded to buy a 16 yr old in the first place for the amount of money i paid for her and that i plan to keep riding her. By the way all those horses didn't look at all there age and so beautiful.

bet the look you get is not as bad as when people know you bought a 19yr old with the intention of using as a allround riding pony:eek::)

Some weeks i feel like i should think about when Lace *should* retire and then i see a thread like this and it makes me think, heck no if she doesn't want to, why should she!:)

Glad to hear Nimbys back to his 'old' self. You'll have to put those thoughts of retirment away. My boy is 28 and only retired from the hunting field last season. I keep trying to slow his pace of life down but he wont have it, behaves like a teenager most of the time and always thinks he knows best. Yay for the golden oldies.

12-10-07_1045-1.jpg

I don't know how she does it! Her horse is only 15.1hh as well! For that jump you have to jump a 3ft step, then bounce off over the top bit which is 3ft as well. Then there's an extra bit of drop as well so it's about 7ft down when you get over the top of the jump!
The plane is really cool, I'm hopefully going to do it next year when we go to the sponsored ride that have it - it's at RAF Halton and is the size of a proper plane - they used to fly it! :D

I say if the horse doesn't want to slow down they why make it :D Think most oldies will let you know when they have had enough, anyways the exercise helps with aging problems. I love to see oldies out and about and hope to still have Nelson on the go into his late 20s early 30s (he is only 3 :eek:)

oh forgot to adds this i volunteered at a disablitlies riding school and they had a horse there that died at age 42, and had been retired for awhile but he got mad and started declining in health so they put him back into the program and he regained health and spirit. Unfortunatly after about 2-5 day period after he was awarded the CANTRA horse of the year he died from colic.

newrider.com