Some ppl make me so angry!!!!

HLDVS86

I have just been talking to someone who has a pony for sale, she said to me, shes a welsh sec a, chestnut filly, wins everything she enters and clears 3ft 6 easily........... is this wrong or am i just making a mountain out of a mole hill!!??

Natives are slower to mature than say a TB or a warmblood and i personally think jumping it at such a big height will not be doing its joints any favours on landing!!! its a welsh sec a...and 2yrs old!!:mad:

perhaps they mean free schooling (not getting into debate on whether that is right or wrong just saying that's what she may mean)

Tbh, that is a bit mean and you are not making a mountain out of a molehill (i love this saying!)

You need to let the mare grow and have stronger legs before even considering jumping it 3ft6.
My boy is 5yo, very mature, 4" bones and I wouldn't be jumping him 3ft6 anytime soon - were sticking at 2ft3 for a few years....

from a medical point of view i dont even think a 2yo should be even freeschooled over jumps!!! their bones are not ready i wont go into scientific words or anything but people wonder why horses get splints windgalls, ringbone sidebon arthritis and other inflammatory conditions (anything ending in -itis):mad:

To be honest if you look at ALL the scientific studies NO breed matures faster than any other physically they are all made the same, with this in mind I do not personally feel it is correct for any horse to be backed before 3 1/2 and certainly not in hard work before 5yrs

I don't think it is right for horses to be free-schooled let alon jump with someone on them before they are 4. I heard of a horse that was jumped hard at 2 and by 6 it had navicular.

i had a sec a x and he jumped a 3ft fence but that was because i had taken a couple of friends out for a hack and he was with 1 other pony so he came to visit us but i wouldnt make something like that jump i think the longer you can leave then the better they need time to grow and mature.

newrider.com