Some Pics :) (Treeless Saddles)

daisysp8

Dec 11, 2009
North East Linconshire
Allors :)

Just thought i`d share some pics ......

The first couple is me riding my TB mare in her Libra saddle, i`d taken the stirrups off as i sometimes do, it helps me lengthen my leg and get a better seat:

Photo0168.jpg

Please excuse the nose in the air problem in this pic, lol, we`re still working on this, a bitless bridle now makes all the difference (its trial and error with these neds)

Photo0162.jpg

And here`s a vid for a laugh .... again, i had no stirrups ......... and as i get to the top of the field, if you look carefully, you`ll see the saddle slips to the left ... but i haven`t got any stirrups to right it ....... all good fun, all you can hear is myself (and hubby) laughing hysterically as she merrily trots off into the distance lololol:

And i`d like to introduce you too wee pone ... 13hh and yes i will be riding her:

Photo0325.jpg

Photo0327.jpg

and a video of how helpful she is :D :

So i still have the Libra saddle (and the correction pad .. good for my high-withered TB) .......and i now have a Freeform saddle too ... my Flexi girth arrived the other day .... I`m still waiting on the Mattes pad being delivered (hoping it won`t be long ... been waiting a week already) and i`m trying to talk hubby into letting me buy a HAF pad too (i`m trying my best sjp1) ... well a girl needs a back up plan ;)

I`ve ridden wee pone in the Libra, albeit briefly (the old girth was a bit too long, so we had slippage) ... and i`ve tried my TB in the Freeform, again briefly as waiting on correct pad (Mattes) and girth.

As soon as i have the whole kit and Kaboodle and a decent dry day, i shall take loooaaaddsssss of pics .... (well hubby will) it shall be a major Pic-fest so keep your eyes peeled.

I`ve also been borrowing a Dr Cooks bridle from a friend for my daft TB ... and she went ever so well in it ... that will be the next thing i order (if hubby hasn`t divorced me by then :D )

Hope you like.

Great pics, where are you? Weather looks lovely and i'm sick of wearing wellies and trudging through mud :(

The weather was lovely in the ones of me riding my TB .... it was August :D

The weather in the ones with my wee pone were mid November ..... Trust me, we`re all wellies and mud at the moment too, lololol, roll on spring eh ? ;)

Your horses are lovely. Well done for trying treeless and bitless.:)
That is my aim to start my mare treeless and bitless. My treeless arrived few weeks ago and just need to find some bitless.
Please let us know how you doing.:)

Lovely pony she looks like a mini me version of my Ardennes mare.

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Looks lovely - brave you - no stirrups! Mattes pad will be lovely - I had to wait several weeks for mine to come and then just HAD to have the pressure relief system -thanks to Skippy's Mum!! Didn't tell OP about cost though!! How is the flexi-girth? Am very interested in it. Is it thick or thin? Tried my second hand Prof Choice girth with Mattes sheepskin cover on and for the first time with a sheepskin girth, we didn't have to get off and readjust the saddle at the top of a steep hill. Yay!!

They do cross Ardennes with other breeds it just that she looks very much like my friends Ardennes cross New forest, plus you can get a finer type of Ardennes. Floras breeder has a few littlelys. Size for size Flora is only 15.2 her brother is smaller than her and he is a breeding stallion. so it is possible.

I like to do stirrupless with new treeless as i find it gets it to mould bit quicker and i find out quicker if we have slippage or i'm out of balance!

Love pone photo, what breed?

newrider.com