some pics of Sam

thaxted

Jul 1, 2003
Co Down, N. Ireland
Visit site
Hi all

Finally got some pics of Sam today - the sun was shing and it wasn't windy!!

These are taken at a wood that is about 1 mile from the yard so we can hack there. During the recent storms some trees blew over and made great jumps. I cleared some debris to make the approches better and then someone else made more jumps with stuff lying around so it is great fun. Sam really enjoys it.

This first one is over a rather large tree trunk - its about 1.20m. Can't believe how well he jumps it. He makes it feel easy - mind you, there is no chance of me jumping that height in a show jumping arena.

Attachments

• pict0011d.jpg
    pict0011d.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 185
last one for now - a step up that is about 70cms high on the take off side. The approach here is through some (very) low branches, so you have to trust the horse to go straight!

Attachments

• pict0006d.jpg
    pict0006d.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 171
thaxted

Can't really comment on your position as I'm only a 33 year old novice but you really look as if your enjoying yourself. I feel this an important part of riding. I have a cob who hasn't been jumped much so I am going to get jumping incorporated into my lessons once I have improved my riding. We love to go out on hacks. Today we went out and Captain doesn't like puddles. Mid Canter he jumped the puddle.:eek: Still didn't come off so its all experience. Would love to be able to take him to a wood. I bet you get an awesome sense of freedom. Hoping to go beach riding this year with my chap.

It looks like something I only dream about - no woods where I live. Sam is beautiful, how tall is he? You look verrrry natural in the saddle. I can't wait for spring! I'm going to try and take some classes before I start riding my young one again. She is a real handfull just in size for me.

newrider.com