Some photos from my lesson

He's gorgeous isn't he? He gave me quite the workout on Saturday, but he's so adorable I didn't mind.
I had a fun lesson, I hadn't ridden him for months and it reassured me that I am making progress bit by bit - he always canters on the wrong lead going left - when I cantered with him previously, I found that really difficult, even with me holding onto the saddle, but on Saturday it was OK. Just a pity I couldn't keep it going for very long! :rolleyes:

He's a real sweetie. The reins are great for kids first learning. It really helped my niece because the RI could tell her which colour her hands should be on. Clever idea!
This is why I love my continental reins! I always had a problem with taking more of the right rein until I got them.
Fab pics and thank you for sharing :)

Is he a heavy type? He might actually find cantering in a small space quite hard if not naturally a forward lad.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who drops canter in the school. I find I can get going and then soon as my leg slips it's back into trot! I have to say that doing regular Pilates has helped massively with improving my overall strength and fitness so hoping it will continue to improve. When I started a few months ago I couldn't even trot for one minute before having to walk a lap! Lol.

Reactions: New Rider Nic
oh hes so cute turns out i did see this post but i didnt click its lovely to see you doing your lessons... oh id love reins like that we have non of them at our school it would help me alot to would help me remember and i do feel id maybe struggle to keep the canter up to but i think thats something i will learn it always always inspires me watching you nic...never fails. I cant wait to show off my horse now i ride to to show you back.

Reactions: New Rider Nic
I'm with you Tiff! My RI keeps telling me to use my core. Unfortunately, a long Scottish winter of comfort eating means my core is more like jelly:)
It's easier on more forward going horses, but I know more practice & increasing my muscle strength will help, so I'm now exercising like a demon (also motivated by the thought of getting into a bikini on summer holiday...);)

Butterfly, really hope you get some photos to show us. Be great to see some. Hope your lesson is fab!

Is he a heavy type? He might actually find cantering in a small space quite hard if not naturally a forward lad
He is, a big heavy lad. I hadn't thought of that.
Herbie looks adorable! Just my kind of horse :)
Mine too, when I first started learning to ride, I was enamoured with all the lighter build horses that some of the livery clients were riding. But I've developed a total love for big chunky horses with those adorable hairy feet :D

Reactions: newforest
newrider.com