Some more pictures with Sam, and had an eventful hack

G

Guest 2

Rode on Friday and yesterday, he hadn't been too bad. And he has had a soft mouth lately and hasn't been as strong which is great :D:D

As it was dry and warm weather I decided to do some roadwork then go through a bridleway. Took me about 2 hours in all. As hes only 5 he does play up and see what he can get away with!
So we start off our hack and he does his little tantrum about he wants to go the opposite way or turn back for the first half an hour. He gets told off and seems a lot better.
Then we get to a long lane and he thinks he can turn on a sixpence and canter/attempt to bolt back home for no reason, he didn't get very far (about two strides) lol. For the first half an hour he will usually use the excuse of a car coming that its time to go home. I must say though he is very stubborn when it suits him, but I don't let him get away with anything as this would just cause more problems. After about half an hour he was smashing, we had a lovely ride, and he was really good on a busy road. Great down the lanes, and had a very nice long canter.
Saw some friends who were going out for a ride and he was fine walking back up the road with them.

Anyway heres some pictures. I pulled his mane yesterday (which I regret a bit now, but I only pulled it because it was really out of condition and I am now growing it again for it to be longer in the summer. And plus it is much easier to brush now

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00500.jpg

DSC00496.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00498.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

His mane is still bushy I haven't finished it yet. Also spoke to owner about driving and just general things and something I was happy about and everything is sorted and fine. I am very happy today :D his playing up didn't really bother me I am used to naughty horses by now. I must say he has improved tonnes.

Last edited by a moderator:
he's super! glad to hear you're being firm with him but kind by the sounds of it!! they are like 2 yr old kiddies!!!

Yes I am firm but kind, I haven't lost it with im yet lol. It will be worth it in the long run :D can't wait until the fields dry up next summer time so I can get down to schooling.

Lol his nose is pretty cute, he likes having his nostrils cleaned lol!
I think he will look nice plaited up, if I ever need to.

What a sexy boy!!
He really is a looker isn't he. I think maybe he knows this too lol :D
Glad to hear you happy Kristina and that things are progressing with this luuurvely boy :p

Yes I think he does know it ha! He seems to think because of his good looks he can get away with napping ... little does he know ;)

newrider.com