Some famous NR vibes needed

Mary Poppins

Oct 10, 2004
Visit site
Over the 10 years I have owned Ben I have been lucky enough to take in the famous NR vibes on a handful of occasions which have kept us going. I’m now asking for them more than ever. Ben is in hospital waiting for a CT brain scan. We don’t know what is wrong with him but he can’t eat and after ruling out dental problems we are looking at possible neurological issues or a tumour. It is possible he may just have an infection but I think this is unlikely. I am being realistic and preparing myself for bad news whilst hoping for good. He is good within himself (other than being starving hungry) but obviously a horse can’t survive for long if he can’t eat. I am unlikely to sleep tonight so if anyone is awake pls send him some positive thoughts for the scan. He needs them.

• Sad
Reactions: Kite_Rider
I am so sorry. Old age is no joke for any creature. What do you mean by he cant eat? It has been so hot too. Has he been drinking?

Reactions: Mary Poppins
Oh no, what a worry! you must be at you wits end. Are they running bloods to check for infections before jumping to a CT? Buckets full of vibes coming from us all here

I am gutted for you and Ben and hope that you find something fixable. Hugs and hugs, I have been there with Sasa and it's just horrible. I so so hope you get to bring him home. Ben, I hope it is good news it's so hard for your mum.

Sending every spare vibe I’ve got for Ben and huge hugs for you @Mary Poppins
You must be beside yourself with worry, hope it’s good news later x
Thank you. It will be an agonising wait for the results which will come in by early afternoon. I have barely slept and feel very spaced out. One minute I think he will be fine and the other I am convinced that today is his final day. Only other horsey people can understand how much me means to me, I have no idea what to do without him.

I am so sorry. Old age is no joke for any creature. What do you mean by he cant eat? It has been so hot too. Has he been drinking?
He literally cannot chew anything. He can swallow speedibeat and fast fibre but he cannot move his jaw to chew hay or grass. Yes he can drink fine and has been drinking lots. He doesn’t seem to be in obvious pain. The vet thinks the issue is with his temporomandibular joint. Infections are common in this joint so am trying to hold onto that.

Oh no, what a worry! you must be at you wits end. Are they running bloods to check for infections before jumping to a CT? Buckets full of vibes coming from us all here
He is having the CT scan as we speak. Vet came at 12pm yesterday and by 4pm he was in hospital. I guess bloods will be done as well. It all happened so quickly, I thought it was due to his dental problems and presumed he had a cracked tooth. However his teeth are fine but he can’t move his jaw to grind any food.

• Wow
Reactions: Jessey
I am gutted for you and Ben and hope that you find something fixable. Hugs and hugs, I have been there with Sasa and it's just horrible. I so so hope you get to bring him home. Ben, I hope it is good news it's so hard for your mum.
Me too. I don’t have my own transport so feel bad asking others for lifts. After no sleep I can’t drive a hire lorry myself. I will contact some horse taxi services after 9am but until I know he can come home I don’t want to make too many plans.

Thank you. It will be an agonising wait for the results which will come in by early afternoon. I have barely slept and feel very spaced out. One minute I think he will be fine and the other I am convinced that today is his final day. Only other horsey people can understand how much me means to me, I have no idea what to do without him.
It is such a gut wrenching pain, totally fillets you, having just lost Kim poodle I am still in pieces. I so so hope you will get good news.

newrider.com