Soda became a stressage pony! (Well, horse)! *Pics*

skips and soda

Skippy Bum & Skoda Fabia
Sep 15, 2007
South West, Nr. Bath
Went to the stressage today! Horible weather, but ah well! He stayed pretty clean last night (was surprised as whenever I bathe him the night before he alwas rolls in poo! Anyway, arrived at comp in plenty of time. He was a bit tense to warm up and was calling quite a bit but was good otherwise! Only to be expected really as he's only just 5 and this was his second ever time out!
Anyway, went in and did my test (random walk and trot test I thought I'd do it to get him used to being in the ring and the atmosphere etc!) Anyway, he was a bit spooky and strong and then my Mum called the test wrong by accident so we went worng (no idea what I thought I was doing followng what she said, I knew the flippin' test)! Never mind, one of those things! Judge was lovely and we got back on track! He was very good but didn't think we'd done brill in that one.

Anyway, bit of a wait ad then we had our Prelim 10! He was a bit naughty in the warm up and bucked a couple of times but I pushed him on and he was fine after that! Wenr in and he did a lovely test! Was beautifully behaved, had a tiny spook once and slipped once as the field the tests were on was gtting slippy by this point! Anywsay, came out and I was thrilled with him! :D He was great! Then I took him off to untack, rug up etc, before bringing him back for some grass whilst my friend did her test! She did well and so we were thrilled with them!

Anywaym then went to pick up score sheets and neither of us were expecting to be placed very high up. Some of the standard there was quite scarily high! :eek: Anyway, in the Walk and Trot we came 2nd! Couldn't believe it as we'd gone wrong etc.! Was soooo happy though!

Then, in the Prelim we won!! :eek::D Out of a class of 11! Was sooooo thrilled and couldn't believe it! He is a star and a half! :D Am very proud of my little man and my friend was thrilled as she was placed in the Prelim, so we came home very happy! Brilliant day out and we're planning a lot of comps coming up now! My RI was really pleased as well!

So a fantastic day out and I am very pleased with my boy!

Here are the pics, sorry, none of me riding as the weather was so miserable and my Mum was calling so couldn't take any.

Untacking by the trailer!

Photo0069-1.jpg

Photo0071-1.jpg

Having a well-deserved bite of grass.

Photo0072-1.jpg

Sleepy babe doing his donkey impression with his rosettes back at the yard!

Photo0084.jpg

Photo0086.jpg

We only went for the experiemce! No way was I expecting to get placed! He's only 5 and i was his second ever time out! He tried his heart out for me and was great! I couldn't be prouder of him!

Thanks! :D Am over the moon with him! He worked so hard and really tried bless him! Looked after me too as I was quite nervous!

BlueWicked-yep, he's Connie x! (We thought me may just be an overgrown purebred for a while, but at 16hh he's perhaps a wee bit big now)! Lol! Love Connies though! My pony before I bought Skips and Soda was a purebred Connie and they are a fab breed! Can do anything and on the whole they do it well too!

WOWEEE. Well done.

What a fab result. Skips gotta watch out, Soda is taking his place;):p

Yay. I am so happy for you:D

xxxxx

Thanks everyone! :D

The pics weren't great, but best I could do I'm afraid. :eek: Next time will learn my test until I can't possibly forget it, then Mum can take pics! Hehe!

Soda will be getting out and about quite a lot more now I think! Me and the friend I went with today have got lots more schedules etc. s we can get out and about and have a bit of fun! :D

Well Done to both of you!!! I'm really pleased for you :) Good Luck for whatever else you want to do- i'm sure you will both do brilliantly! :);)

denby-thanks! Next plan is to do some loacl shows and possibly some wroking hunter classes as he loves his jumping (not with me though, I only like jumping at home or out hunting, cant deal with competing in jumping classes)! Hehe! Some more dressage, bit of show jumping etc. and then hopefully if he does some more hunting in the winter then a few ODEs. That's a long way off though so will have to see! I mainly just want to have a bit of fun with him!

8-legged-pony-yep, Soda's only 5! Acts a lot older though! Skips is 12 but acts like a 3 year old most of the time! Soda at 4 and having just been backed when we bought him was far better behaved than Skip ever has been! Hehe! He i good in the school when he wants o be but is a typical sharp TB and hacking is all a bit too exciting for him most of the time! He's usually okay in company though, it's just when we go out by ourselves that I need me seat belt on! Lol!

Greypony-lovin' the t-shirt! Actually have to get one of them made and wear it! :p;)

newrider.com