So. The vet call and proper allergy chat.

popularfurball

Learning all the time
Jul 18, 2005
North west
Vet has been brill, very impressed. The summary of things is as such:

* Allergic to beech and mimosa trees, rape and grain mill dust (in severity order)

* Its not just the pollen of these trees - can be leaves, flowers etc.

* Severe allergies with whole body reaction - difficult to manage due to severity and cross over (cant be in due to dust, cant be out due to pollen)

Treatment:

* Going to run with the trousers and change in diet for a few weeks

*If no sig improvment then stabled permenantly for a few weeks (miserable, but if necessary....)

* Then look at immunotherapy but due to severity risks could outweigh benefits

* Cavalesse unlikely to work with it so severe and systemic - may try it prior to the season next year.

* Possibley going to get some anti inflam cream and bute in stock as may help with the really bad spells.

So, at least we have a bit of a plan - best get finishing my trousers eh? :p:D

..That said she came in mildly lame tonight... just cant win! :p:D

Poor little girl. At least she has you looking after and doing your best for her. Including her funky trouser suit, very 80's power dressing. At least you have a plan, just hope something works for her :rolleyes:

You don't call her Madam for nothing :) at least its a plan and you know what you are dealing with good luck.

She wont eat soaked hay, and vet wants her off hay altogether - haylage or similar instead :eek:

She said she would be more than happy for her stabled on rubber matting alone :eek: - literally NO dust!!!!

Oh and I need to steam clean the field shelter?!?!?!

She wont eat soaked hay, and vet wants her off hay altogether - haylage or similar instead :eek:

She said she would be more than happy for her stabled on rubber matting alone :eek: - literally NO dust!!!!

Oh and I need to steam clean the field shelter?!?!?!

We feed Tess the bagged haylage as she has COPD (mild) if she is in, no dust whatsoever, she has rubber matting and a small bedmax bed at the back of stable just for peeing on really, she won't just on the Matting, but hers is just respitory.

you are going to be busy!

newrider.com