So the dodgy selling story horse.. few pics..

BIrish

Nov 13, 2007
Hi..

I went to see the horse with OH this afternoon.. And got totally lucky.. Arrived at yard to find the most charming TB gelding.

I had got my spies out to check out the sellers.. 100% kosher.. amazingly nice people with a real love for horses and very well known in the area & within RC circles.. so I arrived with less cynicism! :)

Utterly lovely Gelding. Beautiful manners and temperment. Looks like a train wreck. He is basically a skeleton. His coat is falling out and his feet are roughly twice the length they should be. They basically saved him from the meatman which is where he was headed..

The poor previous owner sadly died only a couple of weeks ago .. B - a well known Dressage Trainer who teaches my friend V - knew her (found this out tonight while V was having a lesson and I was telling her about this horse).. and while she was ill he was pushed about from pillar to post a bit.. and ended up living in a field behind her elderly parents house who weren't able to look after him properly (and tbh while their daughter was so ill he prob wasn't a priority..)

Previous lady had bought the horse to bring on but became ill shortly after buying him - she loved him and backed and broke him herself.. This prob accounts for the beautiful manners. She planned to event him.

He moves like a dream.. is a pleasure to ride... is totally unbalanced and unschooled but couldn't be more willing.. Very responsive.. Jumps green but with bags of potential. Pops 1.05m easily but with legs everywhere!

So anyway.. I've bought him (subject to vet) He looks like nothing on earth but a few months of TLC and he'll be fab. His new career is yet to be decided but he will at some point show as a large RH.. :D

Bx

Attachments

• Stanley060208.jpg
    Stanley060208.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 229
  • StanleyFront060208.jpg
    StanleyFront060208.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 191
  • StanleySide060208.jpg
    StanleySide060208.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 227
Oh wow he is soo yummy!

I wouldn't panic, i've seen a lot thinner...!

Thanks.. I think so.. :eek:

The pics make him look a lot better than he is actually! :eek: .. Close up he is horrifically thin.. and his hair is falling out ..

He'll recover though..

Bx

He looks good - not overly skinny so I'm sure you'll have him looking fab in not time!

Hope the vetting goes well!

Congratulations. Looks like he will make a nice chap. Is good that he has finally found a loving home again!

He looks a real topper - well done for having a look - good luck with the lovely lad :):):)

He looks good - not overly skinny so I'm sure you'll have him looking fab in not time!

Hope the vetting goes well!

Thanks .. :D I am well chuffed with him... The vetting is just a precaution.. He had a 5 stage vetting (and passed with flying colours) about 2 years ago and has done bugger all really since then so shouldn't be a problem.. I hope!

I SO pleased I went to look.. I might have missed him otherwise..

Bx

Congratulations:) He looks like a sweetheart and I am sure he will be a gorgeous horse once he has had TLC - his story is so sad he deserves to feel some love poor boy.

I hope the vetting goes well:)

Oh so exciting!!!

Hope the vetting goes well. Sounds like it should though anyway.

Can't wait to see pics of him fat, fit and loved!!!

Oh what a sad story..........he looks an absolute cutey. Best of luck with the poor lad, I bet he will be so glad to have some TLC.

He is a lucky horse!!

Gosh, he has ever such a kind bright eye. It won't take long to get him in tiptop condition!!
He doesn't look as poor as I first imagined!!

Fingers crossed for vetting :)

*****jumps up and down in a really annoying sort of way********

I was right not to be cynical!!!!!:D

Hes lovely and yes I agree with everyone else when they say they were expecting him to look worse! He's gorgeous!

Good luck! :D

newrider.com