So mad with myself :-(

KP nut

I'd rather be riding.
Dec 22, 2008
I've been with the same dentist for years and have usually been quite reliable. But recently my head has been all over the place for various reasons and a month ago I missed a 'family' appointment. I had a stern lecture about wasting NHS resources but was allowed to re-book this time in separate 'kids' and 'adults' appointments. And I missed them AGAIN. I can;t believe it. Now I've been kicked out of the practice and have to go private. It has just cost me £200+ just for arranging the new patient assessments and God knows how much it will cost in future when we actually need work doing. I'm a total idiot. And my OH is going to be extremely unimpressed. What was I doing when I should have been at the dentist? Getting all 3 ponies feet trimmed! (I won;t tell him that I don't think).

Grrrrrrr :(:(:(:(

Reactions: Gimp
I had that happen to me. I just registered with a different NHS dentist. (fair enough it was 10 years after the first dentist! But I have a very bad fear!!) could you not have looked for a different NHS one?

Hopefully you'll notice a difference with the private one and will feel your getting something for your extra ££££. X

Dare I whisper......you might like a private dentist better........I did not like NHS dentistry. And not just because I'm nervous. I don't want to offend or get into debate about the pros and cons, of NHS vs private but can only speak from my personal experience. And at the end of the day it's up to individuals what they spend their money on.

Thanks @Trewsers
That's what OH said! He really surprised me when I told him. He said it didn't matter and it would be nice to be treated like a valued customer instead of a drain on resources. I got a lecture once for late cancellation because my daughter was sick. And another time I was 5 minutes late because my kids school were late releasing the kids and again it was classed as a 'failed appointment" for all 3 of them. Even though we were only late for the first of the 3 appointments they made us re-book all 3 as they had already rescheduled all the slots. So it's rubbish that I 'cost them money' - they were double booked anyway. Frankly they seemed to be looking for reasons to getting rid of people.

Reactions: Trewsers
I avoided going for just over 10 years, paying the price for it now though...

I'm half way through having 9 large fillings done, not pleased with myself, feared something very silly lol!

I've gone private and the bill makes me feel a bit sick :(

I have just snapped half a tooth off last night. Luckily a molar so not totally obvious. I need to register :( and will probably be seen as a drain with having maternity exemption. I haven't been for years. Absolutely petrified. Maybe I will wait until after giving birth because nothing can be as bad as that right :')

Well I have a fantastic NHS dentist, don't make the assumption they are all rubbish. My mum had an expensive private dentist who saw her as a cash cow and did all sorts of work which wasn't necessary and then an NHS dentist had to sort it all out.

Reactions: Ruskii
I have just snapped half a tooth off last night. Luckily a molar so not totally obvious. I need to register :( and will probably be seen as a drain with having maternity exemption. I haven't been for years. Absolutely petrified. Maybe I will wait until after giving birth because nothing can be as bad as that right :')

I think you'd be better getting it seen to now .... it could get infected or develop other problems, and that might be even more painful than giving birth ...

Reactions: Trewsers
I'm sorry but if my dental Practice had dared to try and give me a lecture they would have had their head and hands given to them. Crap happens in life yes perhaps you should have made sure that you had a reminder on your phone etc but with three ponies, a business and kids your mind can get pretty busy.

I've always had an NHS dentist, never had an issue with them and I've been at the practice since before primary school.

You will be fine - go and get it seen to now though, they will be good with you I am sure. Just explain you are worried and haven't been for a long time. Good luck and good vibes.

newrider.com