So Lonely..

OwnedbyChanter

With out my boys life would be bland
Apr 16, 2009
Raininghamshire
OH had gone to Cheltenham for the Gold Cup he went on Tuesday night and gets back on Saturday.

I have promised myself no wine or junk food as I have gained weight and trying to sift it.

I would not mind but the big lad can only be long reined so I bored and lonely even the dogs are sick of me!!!

Worst part it's my birthday tomorrow and I will be on my own most of the day.

Getting old and on my own I hate birthday:(

Oh mrs, I know how u feel about birthdays - I hate them too!!
I'm always struck by how active you seem to be, you should be taking advantage of the time your man is away and do the stuff you can't do when he is there....now what would that be?!

That would be shopping. I went to ride away yesterday with a mate and spent a huge sum of money (i don have). It made me feel better until I got home.

I am active went for a run yesterday and biked the day before, riding lots of other peoples horses but at the end of the day I still have to go home and be on my own. I hate it....

What about a relaxing bath then a good book or film, or a couple of hours on NR?

I understand how you feel. Before i had my kids i was often home alone and bored. Now i would kill for a couple of hours without the constant noise and 'i want a drink' 'i want a pink cup' 'i want my juice warm' 'wipe my bum' 'come with me for a pee' 'i want to draw''i want to paint' and so and so on and so on. This starts before 7am everyday until bedtime at 8pm.

Maybe you and i need to swap lives for the next 3 days. Like a kind of wife swap:D, we could start a new series New Rider Life Swap:D

Honestly hon ten mins in my chaotic house with 3 under 6 and two geriatric dogs (one with incontinence of the poo variety) and you would be feeling much less lonely i can tell you. Spoil yourself. Indulge yourself on your birthday even if you are alone. Buy your fav M&S stick in the oven meal and a nice pud, treat yourself to a new book, enjoy spoiling yourself.

My birthday is like any other day in my life 'serving the little people and wiping arses':rolleyes:

Minkersmum you have made me laugh out load (which sounds strange in a quite house) and also very grateful for the quite house.

I have no idea how you mum's cope I am off for that bath now feeling guilty for ranting about being lonely

God don't feel guilty, completely useless emotion, go lap up the peace and quiet. Lie back in the water with your hair submerged and feel smug that you will not be interupted with the cry of 'come wipe my bum'.....

Enjoy:)

And Happy Birthday for tomorrow x

Happy Birthday for tomorrow!:D

I can 2nd minkersmum.............take advantage of the 'me time'. My 'little angel' has just gone to bed and I have put my feet up for the 1st time today.:)

If its any consolation, I went to The Cheltenham Festival yesterday and it wasn't as fab as I expected, didnt win any money :rolleyes:!

Yes happy birthday for tomorrow! Go on - treat yourself to chocs and wine - you only get one birthday a year (thank goodness in my case!) :)

Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

I actually love being on my own but I must admit birthday/christmas alone would make me a bit ..meeep.:eek:

Spoil yourself with what ever you like, long bath, cuddle with horses, good book, silly/girly dvd OH would hate and chocolate/wine.

Age is only a number but birthdays are for celebrating

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
:DOwnedbyChanter:D

Have a fab day - be completely self indulgent and don't do anything you don't want to do, chores can wait till tomorrow! (Or when the OH is back!)

My Hubby's Birthday today as well;)

You could always invite some friends round and cook a spag bog for them
all and have a 'girlie' evening.

Personally I quite like to be on my own, but if it was my Birthday or
Christmas would probably not like it so much.

I remember after splitting with my Ex the Boys had gone to him for
Boxing Day. My Mum and Dad had gone to my Sisters in Buckinghamshire for
Christmas and I was 'home alone', it was horrible. I looked around thinking
'um what shall I do'. I ended up removing the gas fire in the Dining
Room and knocking the fireplace out:eek: It looked great a few weeks
later when I finished :p I then had a 'real fire' lol, which was lovely, however
the Boys were not too impressed when they came home to find this huge
hole in the wall:p

Last edited:
Want a lend of my OH ? lol he doesn't work atm here when i go to work here when i come home I'd love some 'Me' time! shhh don't tell him I said that :p He has been good bless him had the horse for amonth now and already I've trainer him (the Oh not horse!) into going to p ick up feed, shaving, picking up feed for livery yard owner >< I even caught him sneaking pears out the house for my horse and he doesnt like horses!! SO hes says ... Converted!

And a very Happy Bithday! Is a shame you have to spend it without your OH but if it makes U feel better I was working till 9pm on my 21st and working at 8 the next day so i spent my 21st mucking oput then sitting on here with a glass of wine! (meant to be the memorable birhtday huh ><) :D Have a good one!Im sure one of ** pups will give u a birthday hug :)

newrider.com