So I'm very right sided!!

lala1984

Sep 15, 2009
Sunny surrey!! :-)
Ok guys and girls I found out on Saturday that I am very right sided when in the saddle and was hoping someone would be able to help me sort this out. I have noticed this when riding my new share horse as he has been used for jumping and cross country when he was a bit younger he listens very well to you shifts in weight and will move over when you weight asks for it. The only problem is I don't mean to ask for it!! :eek:

It becomes more apparent when I go into trot, also I've not quite got used to his trot yet. I have always ridden cob types and he is an Anglo arab with a long stride. So when I trot him he thinks I am asking him to move to the right whilst trotting but it's just my weight shifting without me realising. He will stop moving right when we reach a place that's a safe distance away from the fence or whatever is on our right but I want to stop being one sided.

Any help gratefully received

Thanks

get yourself to an equine orientated sports therapist. I too am incredibly right sided, i collapse my right hip completely and have squinted my older horse :( i had a ground session with a sports therapist and my RI, working on me learning to make adjustments to my posture and trying to get me to re-learn what straight is (what i think is straight is actually very off to the right!). We then translated this into the saddle. i also had some rolfing done as i'm completely skewiff in the back and neck. am much improved now. was not expensive and has done wonders for me.

newrider.com