So far, so good......

Huggy

Nov 11, 2018
Put Hogan in with B today. We were a bit worried because B is used to sweet, pliable, old Ramsey, and is a bit of a bully boy. However, yobbo Hogan's preoccupation with food proved useful! Fingers crossed it'll be good for both of them.Screenshot_20190504-103728_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20190504-104143_Video Player.jpgScreenshot_20190504-104118_Video Player.jpg

Been up twice and it's all suspiciously calm! Brought Hogan out, and he's a different boy - he gets very snarky when he's hungry, and he's obviously so full that he couldn't raise a rebellious moment! Will have to watch that weight though - I see a muzzle in his future.....

Reactions: Kite_Rider
Aw, hope it all goes well. Look how greeny it is! And you have trees! (I sort of miss those :rolleyes:)
Bet you don't miss the bloody acorns! We have 10 oak trees round that field - it's a nightmare. There were none last year, so we're probably going to have a bumper crop this autumn. :(

Bet you don't miss the bloody acorns! We have 10 oak trees round that field - it's a nightmare. There were none last year, so we're probably going to have a bumper crop this autumn. :(

Ah yes - at our old place we had mainly pines and larch. We had some sycamore too.

Reactions: Huggy
So this is the strut of the new boss of the field. Barnaby is terrified of him, and has a bite on his bottom. Thankfully it didn't break the skin. Poor old B - He's been boss for nearly 15years!Screenshot_20190505-142024_Video Player.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers and Jessey
Well, first set back today - someone (Yes, I'm looking at you, Hogan) broke through the gate to the bottom field, and I came up this afternoon to the 2 fattest horses in Hampshire. Hogan came in and didn't move for the 40 mins I poo picked and ragworted. If anyone has a fatter horse, do let me know. :mad: 20190522_175829.jpg

Oh, it's all gas in there! lol (sorry it's not funny but you know what I mean!). I think I could shock you lol with Storm, box rest coupled with now limited turnout in a small paddock and not doing anything take their toll. Least you know you can work it off him :D

• Haha
Reactions: Huggy
Oh, it's all gas in there! lol (sorry it's not funny but you know what I mean!). I think I could shock you lol with Storm, box rest coupled with now limited turnout in a small paddock and not doing anything take their toll. Least you know you can work it off him :D
Frankly, I'm dreading taking him out tomorrow! He's been such a berk recently, I have to just hope we can get some decent exercise in without too much nonsense. At least he probably can't rear - I mean, can you see him getting that bulk more than 2 inches off the ground!? Also the silver lining is that if we have a dry summer and no grass he'll be able to live off his own body fat for at least 6 months. :rolleyes: ;)

Reactions: Trewsers
He was ok when I took him out, apart from me thinking he was going to have a heart attack when I trotted him o_O . The two if them now go down to the formerly broken gate, and B looks at Hogan as though he's saying 'Go on then mate, work your magic'. They hang around hopefully for about 10 minutes, then give up. His tummy did go down a bit - think he just looks fat again, not as ginormous as before.20190524_210856.jpg

Reactions: Trewsers
newrider.com