So Excited Horse/Pony Search Can Begin!!

Gattino

Happy Appy
Jul 16, 2012
Ireland
I am going to be starting the hunt for my first pony/horse very soon :bounce:

Found out today still have job for next year at least (work in school and there could have been cuts but there wasn't) so I will be able to afford to keep a horse.

So excited, have an experienced person helping me to find a horse and go with me to view etc.

Cannot wait to start looking and so happy my dream to have own horse gets to happen this year :bounce:

Last edited:
Oh Gattino this is one of our favourite topics on NR, so you better keep us up to date with how the search goes and if you need any help with advert searches then let us know what it is you're after and we'll go digging.

I am in Ireland (Dublin/Wicklow area), will post ads and info on keep you up to date on my search :bounce:

Feel free to post ads you see that are in Ireland.

Any advice is very welcome too :biggrin:

I am looking for a small (14.2-15.2ish) all rounder, probably about 8-10 years.

Will be hopefully doing riding club things like showjumping (nothing big or affliated yet), some cross country hopefully when I can and a bit of dressage (I think preliminary is 1st level in Ireland). Not all at once or straight away but in future when have got to know horse and had time to be ready for those kind of things. Also have lovely hacking near me so will be hacking too.

How exciting. My advice would be to ask as many horsey people you know and try and buy a horse that comes recommended through word of mouth.

Having a horse is the best thing in the world!

Fantastic news!!!!

As FM says, this is our favourite topic so keep us up to date and we'll all keep our eyes out for you

:dance:

word of mouth seems to be the best way. I had put up an advert looking for a horse, and was told about Bud by someone who knew him, he had just been advertised.

I will keep you all up to date, finish work for summer end of next week so will be able to start looking properly then :biggrin:

Luckily have July and August off work so lots of time to go look at horses and if manage to find right horse during summer will have lots of free time to be at yard every day.

Going to try and figure out all expenses and stuff (have a fairly good idea just need to get more exact figures) in next couple weeks.

NR will be inundated with photos when I do get my horse :giggle:

Hopefully I will have update next week, my RI is on the look out and has been making calls and will hopefully have something lined up next week :bounce:

newrider.com