Snow

I’m sorry your hen run collapsed, though with snow on the forecast here I’m very grateful you posted as I’ll be sure to shut my birds in the coop when it hits from the east as mine is similar material.

I’m sorry your hen run collapsed, though with snow on the forecast here I’m very grateful you posted as I’ll be sure to shut my birds in the coop when it hits from the east as mine is similar material.
we only put it up a week ago! till then they had been on lockdown. Will try to fix it and let the snow fall and tie it together again and in better weather see if we can make a better design

I hope you can get it sorted..
Snow sucks..

It was easier to get out there this am
Its not perfect or totally done but its 27 f so not horribly cold.

The Goats are happy
Jefferson my little short fuse emotional boy is looking around in disbelief.

I got rhe path done to part way out the gate for the wheelbarrel this am

I had a noseyparker ... then a roadblock...

20210203_062040.jpg20210203_063540.jpg20210203_064256.jpg20210203_070803.jpg20210203_070949.jpg20210203_061723.jpg

we now are brown everywhere lovely mixture of slush and manure, took me 2 hours to try to clean the stables and yard while the lazy buggers stood there pigging themselves and producing more poo.....
Yep you can always guarantee that the poo supply will be forthcoming. Yesterday ours obliged me heartily. Each time I wobbled my way into the byre there were three piles each. So least I know they are eating plenty!

I think we have a bit of the white stuff coming - eek. My truck is off road being MOT'd. Oh well, happen as well I don't go anywhere other than the village shop once a week. Hope I don't end up having to walk there!!

• Wow
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
Yep I’m getting ready for some meant to hit tomorrow night, the east side of my property is almost completely open so I’ve been shuffling stuff around to get them a sheltered spot to eat and filled an old cool box with water in the hopes that if I put the lid on overnight it won’t end up with 3” of ice on it as meant to get -10 Sunday. Hopefully it won’t be all that but I’d rather be over prepared 🤣

Ohhh yes better to be over prepared...

Ugh we will get from 4 to 8 inches tomorrow.

I'm REALLY not looking forward to it.

Maybe it will stop all the SUPER BOWL parties from happening..

As soon as we start to catch a break on new cases and precent positive
Another bloody super spreader event pops up.

Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
Yep I’m getting ready for some meant to hit tomorrow night, the east side of my property is almost completely open so I’ve been shuffling stuff around to get them a sheltered spot to eat and filled an old cool box with water in the hopes that if I put the lid on overnight it won’t end up with 3” of ice on it as meant to get -10 Sunday. Hopefully it won’t be all that but I’d rather be over prepared 🤣
That snow forecast is looking very definate over you. Hope its not as bad as there saying.

Reactions: Jessey
It has absolutely piddled down all night and more to come today, so I guess that’ll end up sheet ice under the snow, joy. I live at the top of a hill, and all the houses lining it insist on parking both sides of the road so it’s like a slalom course so I’m debating parking my car at the bottom tonight and walking the last of it!

• Sad
Reactions: horseandgoatmom
We had a bit if melting with some rain and snow showers yesterday.
Not enough for a great amount of melting so im sure packed snow is going to be really really slippery.. being its 26f out there

Today it should warm up above freezing again but thats not til a LONG time after I'm out there at dawn.

Reactions: Jessey
newrider.com