Snow

bitsnpieces

Aug 22, 2007
Watching all the pics and footage being sent to the BBC from the various parts of the country hit by snow. Hope everyone is ok!

we seem to have a mini blizzard this morning, About 1.2-2inches has fallen here. I just about made it into work without any difficulty (my car is a tin can on wheels). It better stop soon though!

Hope everyone else is ok!

BLIZZARD ALERT!!! What a pain, didn't know whether to laugh or cry - tbh, looked in the tack room first thing and it has drifted in through the tiny gaps in the roof, saddles, bridles the whole lot covered in the bladdy stuff!!! Eeeeeek. Horses NOT impressed. Chloe keeps begging to come back in so am going to oblige her shortly - poor old girl, she has thick white eyebrows of snow..............lol It's very windy here too - 55mph gusts, but fortunately is blowing so that it doesn't rock the doors about too much,. Hope you are all okay!!!

its snowing here in sheffield this morning and has been since i woke up. had an interesting commute to work this morning. The tram was packed to the rafters (lets just say i am sure sardines have more room than we did :eek:)..

One of the doors on the tram wouldnt close properly so we faffed around for around another 10 minutes , and it obviously got too much for one poor lady who began to sing whilst on the tram.

I woke up to a couple of inches of snow this morning but it has remained dry since. We are in the south west so its forecast to be rain or snow on higher levels I think so maybe it will come this afternoon. I hope its stays away... end of... someone tell the weather god its SPRING FFS!:devil:

I just cannot believe how horrid it is today. Its:cold::cold: beyond belief for the time of year! I put Storm and Chloe out into the arena whilst I mucked out - gave them a net each but they looked sooooo miserable I relented after a couple of hours. They are now tucked up in their houses (though there is snow coming in through the tiny gaps in the onduline) it's drifting good and proper. I went into Storm's box to skip out her poops before and had to shovel quite a lot of snow away from the door first in order to get inside! I am not impressed........I've had to cover everything perishable in the tack room too for the same reason - it's the way the wind is blowing, never had it before and hope it beggars off soon! Meanwhile, there is only one thing for it: Richmond sausages and chips for lunch washed down with coke. Real coke, not diet. :tongue::smile:

newrider.com