Snow has finally hit NW...

me_n_super_abby

Mar 14, 2009
On a farm
We have been escaping it all week, but not anymore.

I hate driving in the snow. Got to drop my car off this morning and pick up a courtesy car, and its automatic!! Never driven one in my life! Then i will see what it is like to get to work. I made a promise that i would not break my back to get in work. I did this last time, and hours walk in the snow, falling and slipping, never again, i got no thanks.

Take care everyone else having to venture out today too. Fingers crossed i can wing a day off :wink: Just want courtesy car so i have one that is reliable, not bothered how i will get it back :giggle:

Your not kidding:wink:! The farrier was meant to be coming up today, plus shadow lost a shoe at the weekend, he's stuck with one shoe on for the foreseeable future:banghead:
We're worrying about the possibility of being unable to either get to work today or if we do get there, get back..
We live on the edge of the Peak District, and there are only two ways to work, we live up in the sticks, and if these two roads become unpassable, we're stuck..
To top it off, my horses are at the top of a hill, which becomes 4 wheels drive only when it icy's up..

Im not going to work today - its a 30min drive with no traffic, supposed to be out for a Xmas work do tonight, and roads will be awful and icy by the time we are finished :( I wanted to go as well!!!

Working from home instead :) Just been to the horses (this reminds me why I chose to rent a field 1mile from home!) and they are all fed and happy - although Rascal has no legs :redcarded::giggle:

although Rascal has no legs :redcarded::giggle:

i have an image of a tiny, hairy, coloured catapillar type thing making its way in the snow :giggle:

Well i am in work, but restricted as to what i can do. I dropped my car off this morning a 15 min journey tookk 45! And then the bimbo on the desk who i spoke to yesterday forgot to mention i needed to take both parts of my driving license! I only had the card bit, i never thought. So i have no card and had to walk for 40 mins to the bus station. I had no big coat because i thought id have a car. So feeling very sorry for myself. Not seen abby today as YO did them all for us :happy:

Preston only got a dusting last night ... enough to make me wear my Docs to work!! Supposed to be going out tonight, really want to wear heels for once but don't want to break my neck!

Got it down in surrey today too. Getting home from work was a nightmare as we only had a dusting of snow this morning but has come down heavy all day and now not looking forward to waking up to ice in the morning

Im not quite sure about the caterpillar... an obses slug perhaps... although a bit bouncy for a slug!

You can really see him struggling to bounce though - bit like when tigger loses his tail in winnie the pooh LOL. He cant properl forwards or upwards as he usually does so kind of creates this mini snow storm in his excitement LOL

newrider.com