Slightly annoyed

Feffie

Aug 25, 2010
I got a call from my riding school yesterday saying that my lesson has been changed to 11am on saturday, fine.
However what has annoyed me is that I was also told I'm probably gonna be moved permamently to that lesson. that would be ok but that lesson is for people of a lot lower ability than what I am and I find it boring kinda. Your not alowed to trot togeather and catering is very rare, the most exciting thing is that u walk when everyone else is trotting and then when people catch up with you trot again.

I don't want to be stuck in this lesson and I don't know what to do, one I'm normally in is being cancelled because apparantly there aren't enough people for it :(

No idea what I'm gonna do.

Tell them your concerns. You may find they 'up' the content on this second
group to allow for people with more experience.

Give it a go, have a few lessons with this Group and see what you think, if
you don't feel its advancing you in anyway mention it and if nothing changes
look for another Riding School:wink:

You may have a pleasant suprise and it might be brilliant, you don't know
until you give it a shot:smile:

I'd start by speaking to them& saying you aren't at all happy & what are the options. How are they planning on adapting the new lesson to cater for a better rider? Are there enough of you from your old lesson to do a smaller semi-private lesson,paying slightly more? Could you do a private lesson every other week? Move up a level rather than down?

If all else fails are there other schools in the area?

I must admit I'd be very annoyed, not slightly!

You may find that they get you to canter whilst the others trot??? Sometimes i go into a less advanced lesson but they cater for my needs. Although I agree its so frustrating as you will spend most of the lesson waiting for them to trot round/do it again etc etc You need to talk to the school. Maybe have 1/2 hour private weekly instead.. you would get so much more out of it and not sit around waiting for everyone else.. more you time and 100% focus on you!

How irritating! Definitely speak to them about what other options you might have. One of the reasons I moved schools was that my group lesson which had previously been a novice-y type lesson (WTC, small jumps etc), became the (for want of a more elegant term) 'dumping ground' for all the beginners who didn't want to pay for private lessons to get them started. It started to feel very unsafe!

I did broach the subject and when they decided I couldn't be accommodated at another time I moved (for this and a raft of other reasons - I don't want people to think I ran away from a lovely RS).

Have a word with them - they might surprise you!

I thought from previous posts your RS had lessons at very high levels and graded riders? Is it possible to ride on a different day to fit in with a more suitable one? Tbh I even have very novice small children trotting together in ride order so the lesson you are being offered does not sound at all suitable.

Aren't you are off to college for an Equine Degree?.... you need to be working to at least BHS Stage 2 and much higher for the Harpbury Elite Squad, so perhaps ask to join a student ride?

they may well have moved times around so you find you are in with other riders of your ability
thats what happened to me once when i thought i had been moved into a lower group - turned out they had just changed the timings
however, another occasion - on returning from serious injury - found that i had indeed been downgraded - and never really recovered

but you got to ask..

Only over grade that im on another day is a friday ut i can't get there on a friday. il see what shesays on saturday,
i work at about bhs stage 3 possibly 4. i hope something can be worked out

At that level I wouldn't waste my money on any ride order lesson, where do you go that teaches at Stage 4? I am always looking at good places for my exam clients to get extra experience of Stage 3+ horses...pm me if you prefer.

newrider.com