Six o'clock whistle....yep, its Friday!

Trewsers

Oct 13, 2004
On an island
What is everyone doing at the weekend? I know some of you work (kiterider) but hopefully even if you work you'll be able to enjoy some horse time.
I have several goals: to ride madam for a little bit longer and raise the trotting poles
to finish tidying my tack room (boots have taken over in there!)
harrow the school - its waaaaay overdue
poo pick the new paddocks
maybe start wrapping up a few ornaments and have a re-shuffle (builder starts Tues)

So, what are you all doing and eating? I have Sainos coming tomorrow morning with many goodies - have ordered a few "naughty" items (a new sandwich maker, a pack of Bueno Kinder bars and crumpets!!!!)

No horsey plans this weekend, boo. Taking the kids to see Postman Pat: The Movie!
I will be cooking slow roast shoulder of pork with all the trimmings on Sun. With a blueberry tart and custard to follow.

OH is on "afternoons" (finishing at 3am!)... I am going to be revising for my final exams next week :confused:, taking some photos for a friend tomorrow for her business and packing some stuff up ready for moving house :)... Tonight is chilled out and time on the sofa with the dog! Looking forward to a nice grooming session with my two in the morning as well :D

Off for a ride on jess in a few minutes, feed run in the morning, then knock out 10 miles with jess before going to visit my nan on route to my old school friends ready for her kids birthday party Sunday, which means no riding Sunday :(

Well I'll be giving Belle love and hugs but as I'm not riding am going to see my old yard friend (they have just had a new baby haffy on her yard so really have to go for a look) before work :)

Reactions: MrA
Working, running and cycling.

Inbetween ale needs a good groom and will prob do lots of poo picking.

Also yard cat has some ticks I want to get off.

Don't be jealous guys ;)

We have the Grass Sickness Show this weekend (in my signature). I'm not riding this time. I've got two mock exams on Monday Tuesday and final exams in a couple of weeks so not had time to wash flipo the fifty million times he needs.
Instead, I will be helping set up tomorrow in between studying, poo picking and trying to catch up with washing, and then helping out on Sunday at the show in the caravan collecting entries or stewarding possibly.
I'm hoping that I might sneak back to the field in the afternoon and bring Flipo up to the showground for a go at the handy pony class they've got this year, but it'll depend on my energy levels and the weather haha!

Reactions: Jessey
Im busy doing nothing, working the whole day through, trying to find lots of things not to do. Im busy going nowhere isnt it such a crime. Id like to be unhappy but I never do have the time!

Reactions: MrA and Trewsers
Have you been to the doctors?

Yeahh im laid up with broncitis and some sort of nasty virus on top. I have plenty of tablets and such. My boss was awful to me. So much so I got my mum to ring work for me to tell them I wouldnt be in today. I went into work yesterday and could hardly stand up, coughing, shaking, dizzy etc. Lazy day with rubbish tv planned even though i know I still have stables to paint etc!

Reactions: MrA
That sounds awful Danni, heres to a quick recovery, and enjoying putting your feet up on your way to aid the said recovery ;)

I never understand why managers get so arrogant when staff are ill, Would they rather they spread to the virus round to everyone else ! I always preferred staff to stay away when ill !!!

Reactions: squidsin
Yes, indeed - why would they want germs spreading? You can't help being ill. I too used to prefer my staff to stay away. Hope you are well again soon.

Thanks ladies. I may busy myself resewing fleeces back together for the big move on friday. I need to modify a denim jacket into a waistcoat for my birthday night out next week also so plenty to keep me going. Debating not going in tomorrow either then im only at work mon - wed and then I have holidays in thurs - sun anyway.

Take it easy Dannii - love the sound of turning the denim jacket into a waistcoat. I am banned from sewing mow since my accident earlier this year! I must be the only person to mend a pair of jodhs and end up with the mother of all infections due to a needle going down (blunt end first) the side of my nail. Never experienced pain quite like it either - when the infection was at its peak I nearly cried!!

Its an old style "proper denim" mens jacket. Taking the sleeves off it as I speak, hopefully a couple of darts in it and no sleeves and it will look ok. If not it can be binned and it hasnt cost a penny

newrider.com