Single or not! What are you all doing for Valentines?

Melrose

Jan 23, 2012
Well, even though I have a boyfriend, we don't think much about Valentines day, though we'll still join in for a bit of fun - just not a fan of the cliché stuff - like being proposed to etc. Much rather it be on a random day that was special to us :smile: But anyway! What are you all up to today/tonight?

OH gave me a box of Guylian seashells this morning and three packets of my favourite sweets! :mstickle: He also gave me a little box of chocolates from M&S last night as a little treat with a cuppa! :wink:

Tonight he is cooking us a meal, not sure what it is but am looking forward to it :smug:

What have you all got planned? Or been given today?

Wish I had a pony to go and spoil with love today! :cry::cry:

We closed the cafe for maintenance today so we could have a lie in for the first time in 6 months.

But just as I was preparing the stuffed croissants to eat in bed (crumbs, but we can change the bed later) the phone rang. The guys were at the cafe waiting to service the dumb waiter.

So much for Valentines morning! But we will have a nice dinner and a bottle of fizz later on. :wub:

Husband greeted me with a dozen red roses this morning, a cute mug (I love a cuppa), lovely versed card and a an experience falconry day for the two of us to enjoy together :redface:

Sadly today tho I’m going to hospital for more tests

Husband greeted me with a dozen red roses this morning, a cute mug (I love a cuppa), lovely versed card and a an experience falconry day for the two of us to enjoy together :redface:

Sadly today tho I’m going to hospital for more tests

Oh that sounds lovely! But pants about having to go to the hospital! Good luck x

Very excitingly going to pick up two stair gates I won on ebay (for when the puppy arrives), then up to the yard to check the boys and probably a spot of poo picking in the dark, swiftly followed by coming home for a sloe gin and tonic and watching “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” on tv.

OH is out to watch a football match.

Very excitingly going to pick up two stair gates I won on ebay (for when the puppy arrives), then up to the yard to check the boys and probably a spot of poo picking in the dark, swiftly followed by coming home for a sloe gin and tonic and watching “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding” on tv.

OH is out to watch a football match.

Oooooh yeah! Was trying to remember when Gypsy wedding started, would've forgotten it was tonight! thank you for reminding me! :biggrin:

Hubby and I had esme free time last weekend so are feeling pretty loved up atm anyway.

Tonight we'll swap cards, watch a film and just chill.

We tend to do a lot anyway so valentines day isn't the one romantic day of the year for us.

My OH is the most unromantic person so nothing for me today! :redcarded::giggle:

our local pizza place is doing a deal of 2 pizzas, 2 desserts and a bottle of wine for £18 so that's our evening sorted with DVD!

OH is making Mexican tonight! Well, I'll be joining in!
Will be making his Valentine's card when I nip home at lunch time! We always make cards.

Have actually got cause to celebrate now as I've just heard from my solicitor that the house sale has finally gone through! So OH and I officially own our house! :dance::dance:

I got a diamond necklace :inlove:

Tonight we will be moving stuff into our first house :wub:

Last edited:
It's a load of old corporate cr*p! :giggle:

Whether I am in a relationship or not (the commitment-phobe that I am!) I will be doing nadda. There shouldn't be a 'Hallmark holiday' to show affection for your other half. Oh, such a romantic I am :smoke:

Congrats to those with new houses bet you will be mega excited! I always remember the day I moved into our house. Butterflies in tummy!

I do agree with the whole gimmick of valentines etc I always tell hubby not to buy but he always does lol maybe he thinks I’m tricking him? Then again he has always been a very affectionate person and showing he cares – I’m not complaing!!

Main thing I agree with is it shouldn’t be the only day of the year you show affection and affection doesn’t always have to be bought items.

Sorry another Barrr humbug from us. OH buys me flowers, wine and chocolate all year round plus we go out for dinner a couple of times a month. We get a card for each other and that is only so when people ask we dont have to go in to the whole 'we think it sucks'

But I always like to hear what other people get

We don't celebrate Valentine's day, don't buy cards or teddy bears or anything but might go for a meal or get a takeaway. Have to go to the hospital at 5 as had surgery on my foot 10 days ago, so OH has to take half a day's holiday to drive me there, and he's got to muck out the horses and walk the dogs before we leave at 4! That's what it's all about, him looking after the animals and me for 6 weeks without complaining, not red roses and champagne :wink: He had last week off to look after me and I couldn't have asked for a better nurse :wub:

My OH is cooking me dinner.. but he did that last night, and probably will tomorrow night so I'm not sure it counts?! :wink: I was most surprised to find a card propped up on the side when I got back from the field this morning..

I'm not a great believer in Valentines Day to be honest, it did have its origins prior to Hallmark but it has been blown a little out of proportion and I if I see something for the OH while I am out shopping or something I buy him it and give him it, I don't really need someone telling me on what day I should be doing this..

That said there is nothing wrong with a prompt day for the men out there I suppose! :bounce:

Nothing - it's a very good day not to go out for a meal, I think restaurants double their prices for the occasion, and they feel obliged to give silly names to everything ... Last year we had a very nice pub meal on the 13th.

And I'm not supposed to eat chocs at the moment. But I might send him a nice e-card ...

newrider.com