showing arabs inhand, clues hints suggestions?

kunama

Nov 15, 2005
cornwall, full of liquid sunshine!
i'm hopeing to actually get my colt out this year, i have never shown an arab in hand before, it all looks a bit wild to me! i'm hopeing to do the bigger shows, and the crabbet classes, so any tips would be greatly apreceated, also which classes/ shows are the best, judges to look out for e.c.t.?

hi ya i show anglo arabs how old is your colt? wat would be best is goin on your area of the arab society like mine is the south east arab society and they have spring summer and autum shows this are under rules and great friendly people best place to start, most people wear a shirt hat and waist coat and beige trouses hope this helps lots of pics on the seas web site to help u
x

Attachments

• SP_A0017.jpg
    SP_A0017.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Many years ago i was a member of the midland arab group, i would highly recommend practising you show at home, running along side by your horses shoulder giving him his head so the judge can see his movements, many people do not give them their heads, Good luck and enjoy

There are also inhand bridles you have to show pure bred arabs with and you carry a long black whip to make them pose when standing up with an arched neck. ;)

the arab bridles are ac reli strong and like a type of wire, all stallions shown in them, just opposite colour trouses to gets so if bay where beige if white use blue ashow shirt and hat an tie

newrider.com