Show Pelhams in Rubber

stubborn-filly

Aug 13, 2008
Can you get them? From googling, I can't seem to find them

I'm currently starting to work my hack in a show pelham which is just the usual stainless steel and I'm happy with how he's beginning to work in it. However, I have also just switched my snaffle from a stainless steel one to a rubber one, and the difference is phenomanal; he relaxes in the jaw alot more. So if I could get my hands on a rubber show pelham, it would fantastic.

No, you can't.

A show pelham has a much thinner mouthpiece than any other pelham (a bigger mouthpiece would be too big for the cheeks) and as such they can't come in rubber.

You might be able to get a rubber rugby pelham or standard pelham though. Both are equally fine for the show ring. :)

ETA, if you use a rugby pelham, make sure you use a sliphead too. ;)

A normal pelham has a snaffle ring fixed to the cheek, but the entire cheek can swivel.

290x1000_fitbox-z113.jpg

A show pelham has a fixed cheek, but the snaffle ring is loose.

290x1000_fitbox-z288.jpg
290x1000_fitbox-z287.jpg

A rugby pelham (often confused as being a show pelham) has a swivelling cheek like a normal pelham, but there is a link between the cheek and the snaffle ring.

290x1000_fitbox-z1071.jpg

I used to have a photo of the first two side by side, but it's gone from my photobucket. You only use a sliphead with a rugby pelham.

It's quite hard to tell, but the show pelham is generally a smaller, daintier bit than the other two, hence why you can't get it in rubber.

newrider.com