Show Names

Happy Hacker 01

Jul 8, 2009
Ok I'm bored, so I thought I'd start a post! What are everyone's horses show names?

I like hearing some of the weird and wonderful show names out there! :D

Shadow's is 'Just My Shadow', hence my signature! :)

Flora's name is Chloris of White Ash. as she was born at White Ash Farm.
Our prefix with the Shire Horse Society is Riddens Down. Its in memory of my German Shepherd I had as a child she was my best friend and got me through some tough times. Her name was Riddens Down Linnet.

Roxy is Amaurhianna (pronounced A-morry-anna). She has parts of the names of her dam and granddam in there (Rhian and Anna) and the first bit I made up :D

Flipo Van Mechelen on his passport, I guess I never thought that he might have a different everyday name. Maybe thats why he never responded to Flipo when I first got him.
Mechelen is a place in Belgium where he was born.

Hero's is 'Hero's Luck'
Charlie's is 'Charlie Siddle' after a Natural healing guy that helped his Mummy while she was giving birth to him.
Bandit is 'Hywi the Bandit' (Hywi pronounced hugh-y)

Jimmy doesn't have one but we have renamed him 'Odd sock'
Buttons again doesn't have one but we will enter him this year as MR Buttons.

Puzzle is Bitsnpieces - hence my name on here and Inca is Silveroaks Close Call, Silveroaks being my prefix and Close Call because she was intermittently very ill as a bubba so nearly lost her twice!

Flaches show name is Glanvyrnwy Flach as he was born and bred at Glanvyrnwy stud :)

and Blossoms show name is Ari's Cherry Blossom ^_^ Ari being short for Arianna (my name) :)

xxx

Last edited:
I don't bother - if we affiliated at anything they would need a proper name to distinguish then from other horses for points/prize money purposes, but at local level it isn't necessary so they just get entered under their normal names. Mind you Carlow is pretty unnusual so he's always the only one at a show with that name :D

Coenewydd Illustrious (from the Coenewydd stud) is on Igg's passport.

But seeing as I can't pronnounce the first bit :p I'll be entering him under his stable name if I ever pluck up the courage to enter anything!

You should go on a welsh translation site to see what it means! Might also give you a phonetic spelling as well - I loooove the long welsh names!

You should go on a welsh translation site to see what it means! Might also give you a phonetic spelling as well - I loooove the long welsh names!

Oh god i spelt it wrong anyway :eek: - Its Coednewydd!

Hmmm it translates as Trees News :confused: lol

Ahhh Another site suggests it could be Wood New so maybe its New Wood if Welsh puts the adjective after the noun?

And I think it's pronounced it Ko-ed Nooo-ith!

I think Illustrious is such a poncy name though lol

Odin is registered as Rushmoor Needle:rolleyes:

Mistys name on her passport is Mis De Moor but she isnt registered so could in theory show her as anything

newrider.com