Show Jacket help needed - urgently!

SarahC

Jul 13, 2004
East Midlands
Visit site
Hi all,

Well, I'm totally confused about what type/colour show jacket I should be showing my girly in...

One lady, who has shown at HOYS said I should be wearing navy show jacket...another lady, who has shown coloureds at RIHS said I should be in a tweed...

I personally wouldn't class her as a hunter type at all....here is a pic, but it was 3 years ago. She is slimmer now!

[
Spangle_edited.jpg

Anyone experienced show people got an opinion?

Thanks

S

How big is she?

If a pony, she's be a SHP type - definately too much for a SRT, so could wear tweed. If a bigger horse, you could pass her off as a RH type, again tweed.

i think tweed wins!

Shes 15.2hh.

If a pony, she's be a SHP type - definately too much for a SRT, so could wear tweed. If a bigger horse, you could pass her off as a RH type, again tweed.
I assume here you mean Show Hunter Pony, then...what is SRT?? Then RH - Riding horse?

Sorry, think I'm possibly being a bit dim here!

Sorry - show hunter pony are the tweed and no blingy browbands.
Show Riding Types wear the browbands and blue jackets, but have the legs that would snap in a breeze.
Riding Horses are in tweed and browbands, great big stonking things usually.

At 15.2hh she's exactly the same as my splodgey one, who I class as an INtermediate Show Hunter Type (these are 14.2hh - 15.2hh). No blingy browband and a tweed jacket.

However becuase she's so pretty I think you get along fine with the browband, but I would wear a tweed and call yourself a small riding horse.

Its all so complicated for splodgey ponies, beucase there are no hard and fast rules! (hence why I made mine jump!)

Thanks for all the help!

I've not really shown her before (the pic was tack and turnout hence the blingy browband!), but every 'professional' who has seen her has told me she could take county level by storm, so its sort of spurred me on!

Ok, so now I've bought a brand new navy....off out to buy a tweed!!! Typical!

Before you head off to invest more pennies, do you know what classes you want to show her in? At county level you need to be affiliated to the appropriate association in order to enter (although some do allow you to be a 'day member') & they all have their own standards - typically!

At 14.2-15.2 she could class as a small hunter & need to be registered with Sports Horse GB for county shows. I don't have any pictures of our Small at a show yet - hopefully I will next week & will add one then.

It sets the dress code as (rule 39): Rule Book

For women Tweed coat or plain blue or black coat, fawn or buff breeches, plain black or brown boots, etc.

Provided you've got an appropriate blue outfit you should be fine, although most of the riders in the hunter classes do tend towards tweed.

it depends on what class you want to do, if you want to show in hunter classes, you need to wear tweed and plain flat noseband and browband.

where as i believe if you wanted to do riding horse type, you can wear navy, although tweed would be correct in both i think?

id say tweed.
:)

Actually, I'm showing her in basic ridden coloured class, which means I have to dress to type. Which is where the hard bit comes in as she's not strictly a hunter, though as I mentioned in my first post, the lady who shows at RIHS thought she would class as a small hunter, hence the tweed...

I'm not thinking of county level stuff at the moment, that is at least 1-2 years off and she will be registered with CHAPS (when I get round to it).

Thanks guys...I think I will go with tweed at this stage and see what happens!!

newrider.com