shire's muzzle rubbing

kizz1e

May 10, 2009
just another question about this shire's muzzle, under my horse mouth now it's started to rub the skin away and either side of her top lip, it's the right size for her and it's quite losely fitted too, any suggestions for this, any sofe material that will stop it from rubbing her raw

I too went up a size in the shires. My mare has cob sized everything, the cob size one rubbed. Tried padding it with sheepskin and still rubbed. Bought a full size and problem solved. Even when wearing it for extended periods of time.

I have been using a Shires muzzle with Frayne and she is rubbed all round her head. It is a cob size (she has the big Exmoor nose) and I wouldn't try a bigger size, as this one is a bit loose. I bought one of the new, but similar, muzzles (can't remember the manufacturer) in a Large Pony size, but this rubbed even more :mad: Going to try one of the better designed and padded muzzles from Dinky Rugs (they do them in all sizes now) - failing that, will have to get a Greenguard one.

Ali xx

newrider.com