Shetlands Few questions anyone help

minihorse

:eek:

Sorry help! Please
Have 2 yrs old colt showing inhand got told off today at show hes 25inch
had to be shown in bit so used nylon bit and attached ring to noseband
and put chain on as not to pull at bit...had put those apple bit wipes onto
bit to help him ..anyway first judge said why has he a bit in answered cause
colts have to have bit in then she says that I will have to try something else..
As hes not comfy in bit...Anyone help please.....

Also he has to have stallion lic... done next year how do you go about that

Sorry thick I am but you all know that hehehehe

The judge didn't know the rules??? Was it a Shetland class?

Personally I think the rule is very silly, if you cannot control a 25 inch stallion in a head collar (or a 16hh one for that matter) you shouldn't have him at a show.

I too would have done what you did, young colt, nylon bit and lead from the noseband.

How much work did you do beforehand getting him used to the bit?

I don't think you did anything wrong, he may have been chomping a lot at the bit as he's geting used to it.

Our 40 inch stallion could go anywhere with a rope round his neck, he has manners and a decent temperament. I get so cross with stallions playing up and painting them all in a bad light.

IS your colt registered as a mini Shetland? I can tell you what you need to do for a stallion number through them.

Wally can you tell me on showing a shetland can you show at chaps an unregistered, shetland X. Will send you the url for it on facebook. She is bonny but her face looks nothing like a shetland I dont think:p

The judge didn't know the rules??? Was it a Shetland class?

Personally I think the rule is very silly, if you cannot control a 25 inch stallion in a head collar (or a 16hh one for that matter) you shouldn't have him at a show.

I too would have done what you did, young colt, nylon bit and lead from the noseband.

How much work did you do beforehand getting him used to the bit?

I don't think you did anything wrong, he may have been chomping a lot at the bit as he's geting used to it.

Our 40 inch stallion could go anywhere with a rope round his neck, he has manners and a decent temperament. I get so cross with stallions playing up and painting them all in a bad light.

IS your colt registered as a mini Shetland? I can tell you what you need to do for a stallion number through them.

Wally thought that I was doing right ,wee lad a tot. plod not nasty in anyway
was chomping at bit but would expect that ..he did his bit trot etc..should I try another bit...or just work on bit I have...wee colt not long been in bit
Reg..stallion reg...will have look in passport to see if reg. under mini shetland

What colour passport? It ought to be red, if he's a shetland it will be .

newrider.com