shetland started to drive

absyabs

Sep 4, 2009
hi everyone, i have reently started to drive my self, i have just had my 4 year old shetland broke in to drive, and he is becoming a very talented little pony, i have had him for a while now, and wanted to do something with him, rather than lettin him got o waste in the field,, i am located in south devon, i need a new set of traces for him, any idesa on where i can get them from? also does anyone no how long i should drive him a week? he is 99% bombproof, which i find most brilliant about him, have i done the right thing with him?
thanks
abi:)

What kind of traces do you want, synthetic or leather?

If he's 4 and well built he could easily do an hour a day once he's fit. I wouldn't do an awful lot more, some shetlands don't start to really fill out until 5 -6-7 years old.

As for whether you have done the right thing??? what do you think? ;)

Shetlands are far happier doing things than standing about in the field.

Today all I did was open the gate, never said a word, about 8 of them saw me and came charging into the holding park, then the rest saw and they all volunteered for duty.

Shetlands love a job to do.

i am after a set of leather traces. and yeah i think i have done the right thing to be honest, he loves it now, he is actually doing it, i tend to take him out about 3 times a week for about 1 and a half hours at a time/?/?:)

newrider.com