Shedding

Jessey

Dec 20, 2004
Suffolk, UK
My mob are shedding masses :) its coming out of the little boys in handfuls :) spring is just around the corner :)

Dan is looking particularly floofy and shiny at the moment, such a stark comparison to when he arrived 2 years ago, March 10th 2018
DSC_0424.JPGDSC_4060.JPG
And a virtual snog for you all :pDSC_4062.JPG

Last edited:
What a lovely snozzle! Heheee.
The girls begun shedding a while ago but stopped. I think they decided to hang on a bit longer. Storm has curly shearling bits near her sides and belly, they are wonderfully addictive to pull out when ready. Atm they are firmly held in place lol

Reactions: Huggy and Jessey
Yes billy has been shedding for weeks. The vet had to clip his leg the other day (after he got sedated) as there was still too much hair on his hairy legs to see where the needle needed to go.
The boys only came out of there medium rugs a couple of weeks ago, they were in there lights a few days then went back to mediums last week with all the rain. I changed them last friday back to lights. The last two days when i took the rug off billy to ride he was wet from sweat.
Ive just been out now to the field and taken both rugs off and sure enough hes wet. First time this year that ive taken the rugs off. I will put back on overnight as its been getting pretty chilly. Chunky has been bitten by the little flies on his sheath. I put loads of sudocrem on last night. They will be in fly sheets soon.

Oh and i took a couple of pics whilst i was out there. As soon as the rugs came off they couldnt wait to groom one another. Until Billy got too carried away and sunk his teeth in so chunky swung round to kick him. So they separated.

IMG_20200324_140451.jpg

IMG_20200324_140525.jpg

IMG_20200324_140513.jpg

Yep the weather's been up and down here too, ice on the trough the last few mornings but so warm in the sun that I've left them naked 3 daytimes in a row now, obviously the little boys are always naked. The bugs are here too, Jess and the little boys not too bothered yet but Indies bits needed fly creaming starting 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huggy
Hogans shedding like crazy now. The weather's been lovely - just when I can't ride! He looks a bit odd around the face - the top line is getting quite smooth, but he's still got a very long beard.

• Haha
Reactions: Jessey and Trewsers
newrider.com