Shedding

Bodshi

Apr 23, 2009
Yorkshire
Is anyone else's horse still shedding? I was a bit disappointed that Raf's summer coat isn't as sleek and shiny as last year, but the last couple of days he's started shedding like mad again - I thought he'd stopped - so I'm thinking maybe his summer coat isn't properly through yet? Is it the crazy weather or my strange ponio?

My donkeys are still moulting badly, they usually lose their coats later than the ponies though. Some of my little one still have stubborn belly wispy bits that won't budge. I was thinking I might clip it off purely for comfort and it looks scruffy.

Two, the grey and coloured are very sleek in their summer coats. The black one is still shedding a little.

My JR is shedding big time, little white hairs everywhere:giggle:

I am well impressed this year, Moët has no winter coat left at all, I have worked so so hard at gettin rid of it sooner than last year. We got rid of it by mid may, last year she didn't get rid of her clip line until end July! I bought a furminator and grooming with it religiously everyday!

I have a nasty suspicion that Jim's summer coat is starting to loosen & his winter one come through :frown:. The weather is crazy & we've had so many overcast days that I can quite believe his body thinks the days are shortening enough that winter's on it's way.

The mini Shet still has half his winter fluff and getting a fair bit of hair of the bigger 2.
As for the dogs, I have to do head counts after hoovering as there is so much hair I'm worried I've hoovered one up by mistake.
The kennels are full of moulting dogs too. I did winder if it was their winter coat.

newrider.com